4.3 vortec misfire/white smoke out tailpipe

Austin  C

Question

In search of suggestions I was checking to see if I had some valves stuck had all the sparkplugs out as my wife  bumped the engine I saw lots of fuel shooting out of the 5th and 6th cylinders. Not sure how much is too much. I think it might have something to do with the spider fuel delivery poppets being clogged. Any ideas would be helpful.

2 answers to this question

In search of suggestions I was checking to see if I had some valves stuck had all the sparkplugs out as my wife  bumped the engine I saw lots of fuel shooting out of the 5th and 6th cylinders. Not sure how much is too much. I think it might have something to do with the spider fuel delivery poppets being clogged. Any ideas would be helpful.
What do you consider the 5th and 6th cylinders? Technically cylinder 5 and 6 are the most rear ward cylinders, 5 on one bank, 6 on the other bank. What colour were the tips of the spark plugs on those two cylinders? Are the other 4 plugs the same colour? As previously stated, white smoke is typically coolant. Check the oil level, looking for any tan/brownish goo on it, or in the oil fill cap. If what you call 5th and 6th cylinders are actually two cylinders on the same bank, side by side, then it could be a blown head gasket between the two cylinders.
GM engines number cylinders 135 on one side, and 246 on the other bank. AFAIK only Ford numbers cylinders 1234 on one bank, 5678 on the other.

Sent from my KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Archived