Send to in dash navigation

Braces

Did anyone else notice that the new update to the myGMC app removes the ability to send a destination to the in dash navigation using the app? Wish I had realized this before I updated. I really liked using that feature. 

I thought it was a bug, but contacted support to get this reply:

This feature is only available with our Guidance Service Plan. We apologize for any feelings of inconvenience this may have caused. However, if you do have the Guidance Service Plan activated in your vehicle and are experiencing this concern, our team would be more than happy to look into this further.  

Best,
Philip J.
OnStar Customer Care

The strange thing is this is what their website says:

The OnStar Basic Plan includes the following services (services may vary based on vehicle make, model and equipment):

• Select features of your vehicle's mobile app: Remotely start your vehicle (if factory installed), send a destination to your in-vehicle navigation screen,

https://www.onstar.com/us/en/help-support/basic-plan/services-included.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, chrispassas21 said:

I have version 3.9.0 as well but have the free basic plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully i get to keep mine. I have the middle plan. I turned off auto-update for the app, so hopefully it doesnt change

Hopefully i get to keep mine. I have the middle plan. I turned off auto-update for the app, so hopefully it doesnt change

I’m guessing it’s because you are giving them money for something so they left it for you...whatever, google maps works just as good

I just noticed this and am pissed as well.  This was previously included in the Free Basic plan, but now it's not.  I liked being able to pre-enter the destination to my in-dash nav.

Paying for OnStar is such a waste of money.

I just noticed this and am pissed as well.  This was previously included in the Free Basic plan, but now it's not.  I liked being able to pre-enter the destination to my in-dash nav.

We should all complain to onstar...maybe it would change something maybe not..... but if you don’t say anything nothing will happen!!!

I never really used it so I won't miss it but I wish they would make the Basic Plan available for purchase after it expires.  Right now there is no way to add it.  I use the remote start/lock/etc all the time so after my 5 years expires I would be willing to add it FOR A SMALL FEE (maybe like $30-$50 per year).  But unfortunately OnStar doesn't offer it right now and even if they did it's never a small fee!!

3 hours ago, TxTruckMan said:

well now you can pay with a purpose lol... i'm totally fine with paying $25/month to be able to send directions to my truck, lock/unlock doors with the app, start my truck with the app, locate my vehicle with the app, have the ability to have them slow down the vehicle in the event its stolen, and be able to call them and have them send an address to my truck's on-screen nav while im driving so i dont have to pull over and type it into google maps or on-screen nav.

Yeah, I don’t mind getting charged for it. What does bother me is that I was told I would have it for 5 years with the basic plan when I bought the truck, then a few months later they took the feature away and made it a pay feature. No notice. Just took it away. When I called it took them an hour to figure out why I didn’t have the feature. They confirmed I should have it with the basic plan, only to later email to tell me that I didn’t have it. 

Either way it’s a great truck just some shady business practices. 

Archived