2017 GMC Sierra 5.3 Supercharger

I want to install a supercharger on my truck. I have a CAI, Flowmaster and a set of long tube Kooks with their cats ordered. I would like to hear from someone that has a whipple, procharger or other supercharger installed on a similar truck. I would like to know pros and cons and basically how well you like what you have.

Iv had two, Vortec and a Whipple. The only way to go is with a kit. Doing it yourself depends on your wrenching experience. Pros more power. Cons faster wearing out engine, transmission, etc depending on your right foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no issues, no intercooler. Very pleased. I still have the Whipple on a 92 Chevy. I bought it off the second owner 5 years ago. That guy stroked the motor put dart heads on it, MSD ignition, headers, 10lbs of boost. Doesn’t take much pedal to bring a smile.

It’s like a symphony, between the S/C and the whoosh of intake and exhaust it’s hard to keep your foot out of it. I only drive it when I’m the most restrained. I’ve had a long list of performance vehicles and at 62 it still gets me.

I have this on my 2015 Silverado (5.3.Magnuson TVS2300 Radix Supercharger System) Engine and trans still running strong after 53000 miles. The only thing i did was change my rear to 4.11, but that's because I tow and truck is lifted. Did install in 2 days, and a 2 twelve packs. Had the wife help with the small hands.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Archived