Aftermarket Radio question

I have a Pioneer NEX4100 pulled from my old truck when I traded earlier this year.  Pretty sure the same Maestro adapter kit will still be fine although I may have to buy a wiring harness.  Haven't dug that deep yet.  My question is more about functionality.  Since lots of vehicle based "user preference" settings reside inside the factory head unit, what happens to the ability to make adjustments to those once an aftermarket is in place?

Thanks in advance!

~Vol

I'm talking about the touchscreen menu options inside the head unit itself that affect things inside the vehicle. Personal preference settings like auto door lock, valet mode, etc. I don't use valet mode, but it's just a random setting I could recall off the top of my head. 

3 hours ago, Vol4Ever said:

I'm talking about the touchscreen menu options inside the head unit itself that affect things inside the vehicle. Personal preference settings like auto door lock, valet mode, etc. I don't use valet mode, but it's just a random setting I could recall off the top of my head. 

The maestro kit should allow you to change those things. I think that's what it allows on my alpine. 

If you have the Maestro RR, it covers the following including vehicle settings but they are pretty quick with replying to emails so go ahead and shoot them one to confirm or just give them a call:

*Double check to ensure harness is the same. You can look up what you need here by entering you truck information http://maestro.idatalink.com/maestro/ 

STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
Two Functions on Each Button

Standard and Expanded Radio Functions

NAVIGATION OUTPUTS
Accessory Power Output (15A)

Parking Brake Output

Reverse Light Output

Illumination Output

Vehicle Speed Pulse Output

Foot Brake Output

WARNING CHIMES
Warning Chime Retention