Suggestions to keep side windows from freezing

Any suggestions on how to keep the side windows from freezing shut? I have to park outside & when we get rain & wet snow which subsequently freezes, the side windows won't go down until the interior is very well warmed up. Any suggestions on how to prevent them from getting stuck?

All I've ever been able to do is blast the glass using defrost as hot as I can stand and give it a bit to soften the ice. That and I usually give the base of the glass a few taps with my fist as I'm clearing off the snow. Hasn't shattered a window. Yet. :lol: 

Any suggestions on how to keep the side windows from freezing shut? I have to park outside & when we get rain & wet snow which subsequently freezes, the side windows won't go down until the interior is very well warmed up. Any suggestions on how to prevent them from getting stuck?

I don’t let mine go all the way up tight into the weatherstripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Apply a true silicone protectant, like Tire Wet, to the weather stripping. This can also be done to the rubber door seals to prevent the doors from freezing shut also...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about this. Does it mess up the glass when the window is lowered and raised again?

39 minutes ago, 3beejay3 said:

Drive thru at the local Tims........

Also in Ontario.  My trucks always live outside.

Lots of times I need to scrap ice off the outside so I can see, but rarely are the windows frozen shut after ice has been scrapped off. 

When I suspect ice/snow frozen to the glass, I make sure to maximize warmup via remote start to make scrap easier. 

Rarely are the frozen shut, but if they were still frozen when arriving at Tim's, I'd park, get out and lock, restart with remote....you know the rest.  

10 hours ago, redwngr said:

Also in Ontario.  My trucks always live outside.

Lots of times I need to scrap ice off the outside so I can see, but rarely are the windows frozen shut after ice has been scrapped off. 

When I suspect ice/snow frozen to the glass, I make sure to maximize warmup via remote start to make scrap easier. 

Rarely are the frozen shut, but if they were still frozen when arriving at Tim's, I'd park, get out and lock, restart with remote....you know the rest.  

The problem is that I never realize it until I pull up to the speaker to order. By that time, it's too late to park and walk inside. :)

Archived