Full wrap and new wheels

Z2Z

I’m really happy how this new tuck came out. The color is 3M Dragon Fire Red and the wheels are Method Roost.

specs are 18x9 -12 with 285-65/18 Ridge Grapplers. Zone 2” level kit for the magneride system. No cutting or trimming needed. There was a very small rub at full lock, but I pinned back some of the liner and the problem is gone.

funny I found another truck almost identical to mine and it made for some great before/shots.

63A34B68-9D21-4836-95A3-0D1F2872E6D5.jpeg

I paid $1700 for the wrap. But, honestly that is a fantastic deal. Most shops quoted me around $3000. Shops like to charge extras for the chrome delete too. This was a young guy just getting his business started. I found him on OfferUp. He did not do any of the door jambs, but the truck is black, so it looks fine (to me).

I also did all the disassembly work myself but had the grill sections professionally painted matte black. That was $250 because I made them completely remove the chrome first.

I painted the bottom chrome piece myself with plastidip.

3B93A4EC-FA2C-4F71-9108-DB4079954FA5.jpeg

This looks incredible!  I have seen full wraps for advertising purposes or like the new truck that was made to appear old and rusty.  What is the advantage of a solid color wrap compared to paint?  

That looks great! The flag on the tailgate is a cool touch. Be sure to check your backup camera so that you don’t back over any kneeling NFL players. I’d hate to see you mess up your tailgate or bumper. 

58 minutes ago, Donstar said:

This looks incredible!  I have seen full wraps for advertising purposes or like the new truck that was made to appear old and rusty.  What is the advantage of a solid color wrap compared to paint?  

Thank you!

I went with a wrap for several reasons. None of the being paint protection. Wrap will help protect paint from the sun and weather but it won’t do much for rock chips. If you are worried about rock chips, you should look into clear bra.

The big factors for me were color change and customize ability. I knew I wanted a red truck but was not impressed with the factory option for the Denali. I also had a hard enough time finding a truck built with all my wants and adding a rare color preference would have made the search nearly impossible. So, I found exactly what I wanted in basic black because that the best color to wrap over and it was easy to find on a Denali.

As for the customization, I really wanted the blacked out roof and B pillar. It was a bit of a last minute addition but the wrap allowed me to do that big embossed flag on the tailgate too.

6 minutes ago, SippiSierra said:

I think you did a great job on the color choice. Looks great and looks as if you got a great price point and helped someone that is  starting their business, good stuff all around. 

Thank you

I feel the same way. I’m a business owner myself, so I love helping out (non-competing ?) upstarts like this.

Archived