AC went out on 2015 Tahoe.  Went to non dealer shop because warranty was up on the vehicle.  They could not find leak so they recharged with die and said come back when AC stops working again so they can look for the leak.  After this a letter went out stating that Chevrolet was extending warranty on AC condenser to 60,000 miles.  When AC started going out again took it to dealer and they diagnosed it as the condenser, but will not cover because now I am 4 thousand miles over the 60,000 miles.  Call GM to no avail they only give you the blanket statement its over the mileage limit.  I am not asking for them to cover it fully, but just help.  This is a known issue with all kind of complaints.  If they had had extended the warranty sooner I may be covered.  

This just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  I am a Chevy fan, it is all I buy, but Toyota is looking better.  

Try to find one of the GM customer service reps that respond to post on this web site and maybe they would be willing to help. Also you could try going up the food chain to a higher level and let them know you are a loyal GM customer. The dealer can also "good will" part or all of the repair if you have a good relationship with them. Good luck.

Archived