Reduced engine power....what’s up with this?

I was about a mile away from my home and this came on along with the traction control light.  Barely putted home.  I turn the truck off, and now I just have a CEL but truck seems to rev fine with no REP warning.    

I know I’ll have to make a trip to the dealer but was just curious if you guys experienced this and what was the culprit?

Truck is 2017 Sierra 1500 with 5.3 and 8 speed.   4500 miles.  

Thanks!

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on this? I just experienced the Reduced Engine power yesterday, and stability track off. I was also about 1 mile away or less so I got home at 20mph and turned off the truck. I cranked it back up and the check engine light was still on as well as the track off light. I shut off the truck and went inside to read the manual, couldn't find anything so I started searching the forum plus you tube. Older 07-13 models experience throttle body issues; but I am assuming that could be fixed by now since they had a recall on it. I went back outside after about 10-15 minutes. Gave the truck a start and the stability track was gone...now just the engine light was on. I disconnected the battery (+ and -) while I took a look at the throttle body; gave it just a clean with a rag and moved the butterfly to make sure it wasn't stuck. Then I put everything back together and gave the truck another try. The warning lights were gone and the truck has driven fine for the last 30 miles. I would like to take it to the dealership but since I cleared the codes and didn't take video; I dont know if they would do anything about it. 

Any input is appreciated thanks!

Sorry for the late response.  

I ended up taking my truck to the dealer and they had to replace several parts within the fuel system.   I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but it was pretty intensive from what I saw.   I have since added a few thousand miles without hiccup.   

• 2 months later...

Not a problem LFZ. Thanks for the response. I ended up taking my truck to the dealership just in case they could find something although codes were all gone but at least it stays on record. They found nothing and called me to pick it up. I have since then put about 6000 miles on it with no issues. I threw in half a sea foam cleaner in the tank and occasionally use 89 octane. Truck has been performing great. Hope it stays that way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived