Here is my How To Video on how I was able to retrofit these Articulating (Tri-Mode) Running Boards onto my 2016 Silverado LT.  I'll have a complete parts list here shortly.

Enjoy the video for now! :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Incredible Knowledge Base you have!

Should show some of the tools you use as well for us greenhorns to see. For those pins connectors what type of crimping tool are you using. I know there are specific ones. I have a kit that I bought to do wiring on my Harley so imagine it is the same type of tool!

Excellent Vid Phil! 

• Like 2

The crimp tool I use is a J-38125-641. There so MANY variant crimp tools out there based on terminal pitch, etc.

I used to use an Engineering PA-20 for a long time but since I crimp so many Terminals, I went with the ratcheting GM one. Easier on the hands now :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is my How To Video on how I was able to retrofit these Articulating (Tri-Mode) Running Boards onto my 2016 Silverado LT.  I'll have a complete parts list here shortly.

Enjoy the video for now! [emoji4]

WANT!!!!!!!!! [emoji15]

• Like 1

Phil,

I’m a little disappointed...... it’s been 2 weeks between when we talked about this mod and you posting the video. I mean what took so long? :P

I kid! I kid!

As always awesome work! I’m incredibly jealous of your skill/know how and i think I speak for everyone in saying thank you for continuing to pursue mods that allow us to OEM parts we normally would not be able to.

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours

• Like 2

Phil,

I’m a little disappointed...... it’s been 2 weeks between when we talked about this mod and you posting the video. I mean what took so long? [emoji14]

I kid! I kid!

As always awesome work! I’m incredibly jealous of your skill/know how and i think I speak for everyone in saying thank you for continuing to pursue mods that allow us to OEM parts we normally would not be able to.

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours

Thank you sir! It was hard enough staring out my office window looking at my truck with the boards physically installed, but not operational. Then looking at my desk with all the connectors, terminals, and wires ready to go to make it operational.

Finding time is the hardest part. I have had the center console video now for 3 weeks and that will be posted soon... when I can find some free time [emoji23].

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well!

Nicely done! I’m determined to get these to work on my Yukon. Unfortunately, neither side of the under hood connector (body to chassis) is pinned. I’ll have to chase those connections down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it’s the same requirement as Silverado/Sierra - Power, Ground, GMLAN, and Disable circuits are what is needed.

Great job Phil and excellent video! (Xmas came early for me!) I've wanted to acquire and install these from the first time I saw them, but didn't think it was possible bc of the programming that everyone had speculated on.  Don't take video down as I am now on the hunt for a set of these running boards. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...