Method wheels offset

Going to purchase new Method wheels tomorrow.

Plan on getting Method MR309 18x9 with Toyo Open Country C/T 275/65/18.

Will a offset 0 fit on a stock truck that currently runs 255/70/17?  Or should i go with the 18 offset?

Thank you

-18 offset you’ll be fine with a 275. With a 285 tire you will have to zip tie a wheel well liner.

I have a 0 offset with 285/70/17. Fits great, plenty of clearance at full lock and suspension flex.

The -18 will stick out 18mm more than the 0 offset. Dunno if you will have rock throwing. Mine sits perfectly flush with fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, ChevyRoofer said:

-18 offset you’ll be fine with a 275. With a 285 tire you will have to zip tie a wheel well liner.

I have a 0 offset with 285/70/17. Fits great, plenty of clearance at full lock and suspension flex.

The -18 will stick out 18mm more than the 0 offset. Dunno if you will have rock throwing. Mine sits perfectly flush with fenders.

Thank you for the  reply.

The Methods i see only come with a -12, 0 or +18 offset. I do not want it sticking out to much. So it would be ok with just a 0 offset, i do not want to trim or zip tie anything. In the future i might get a 2" level.

If you went with the tire size you’re looking at, you won’t need a level at all. I’ve seen people install a 285-65-17/18 without a level either.

0 offset will be perfect. You won’t trim a thing. Methods are great wheels too. I recently replaced all of the zinc/gold bolts around the wheels with stainless steel too.

$1/bolt, direct from Method. 96 total.

• Like 1

0 offset will be great if you don’t want to stick out at all. Check out a site called custom offsets. They have a huge library of truck that people have posted. They list all their specs too.

to give you and idea. These are Method Roost 18” with a -12 offset. Tires are 285/65-18 Ridge Grapplers. I have a 2” level and there is no rubbing at all after zipping back the liner.

35A31C2A-56AD-4027-A396-F80D23FD8086.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Z2Z said:

0 offset will be great if you don’t want to stick out at all. Check out a site called custom offsets. They have a huge library of truck that people have posted. They list all their specs too.

to give you and idea. These are Method Roost 18” with a -12 offset. Tires are 285/65-18 Ridge Grapplers. I have a 2” level and there is no rubbing at all after zipping back the liner.

Will the 0 offset have a slightly aggressive look to them with just 275/65/18? Don't want to do the level yet.

The wrap on your truck is truly amazing.

3 hours ago, CyprusTM said:

Will the 0 offset have a slightly aggressive look to them with just 275/65/18? Don't want to do the level yet.

The wrap on your truck is truly amazing.

I believe that 0 should put the face of the wheel just about perfect with the fender. That is assuming a 9” wide wheel. Remember that offset is based on the center line of the wheel. So, a 8.5” wide wheel will have its face sit 1/4” in from where a 9” wheel will sit if the both have the same offset.

Go here to try to find some examples of what you are looking for:

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?page=1

A quick search I did came up with this. It’s the same tire size but a +1 offset(basically the same as 0)

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/21461/2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-fuel-assault-rough-country-leveling-kit

If you look you will see that most of the guys running a 275 are also running a taller 70 series sidewall. I think that a 275 is a bit narrow. Also a 285/65-18 is a very common size and will probably be easier to replace if you ever need to.

Thanks about the wrap! I love it too. It’s called Dragon Fire Red.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/23/2017 at 5:54 PM, Z2Z said:

Can we see side view of your truck? :drool: