Does this happen to anyone else?

This happened to me several times. Getting kind of sick of it. I’ve check all the grounds and just had the power steering recall performed.

My truck was locked out for about an hour. It locked down before I went into the store, came back out about an hour later and still locked down.

Popped the hood to check battery then the car turned on and we were on our way. Not sure if opening the hood did anything or if it was just coincidence.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Battery Cable hot and ground.

Also do not rule out a internal short in the battery as well.

Have you tried to hook jumper cables up when it's like this and see if it comes back.

It is acting like a ground failure.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎23 at 11:49 AM, Waterfowler41 said:

This happened to me several times. Getting kind of sick of it. I’ve check all the grounds and just had the power steering recall performed.

My truck was locked out for about an hour. It locked down before I went into the store, came back out about an hour later and still locked down.

Popped the hood to check battery then the car turned on and we were on our way. Not sure if opening the hood did anything or if it was just coincidence.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Literally had this happen to me once like a week ago. Remote wouldn't open the doors, so I got the spare fob, still no luck. At that point, guessed it was a discharged battery. Jumpstarted it in like five seconds with a battery I happened to have handy, and it started right up. I checked battery side cables, and all seemed tight. It hasn't happened again, but all clocks and such kept their time, so I dunno. 2015 Silverado, with the 4.3. Let me know if you find a solution. 

Battery Cable hot and ground.

Also do not rule out a internal short in the battery as well.

Have you tried to hook jumper cables up when it's like this and see if it comes back.

It is acting like a ground failure.

This is happened before I replace my battery this summer and it’s happening with the new battery so it’s something else with the truck.

It’s like it goes into a theft deterrent mode. Usually lasts for 15-20 minutes. I open and close my door a few times and the DIC screens pop back on.

16 hours ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

I'd say a battery cable is where I'd start.

Next time it happens wiggle the Negative battery cable with the key on. See if the lights and all come on. Seen it to many times.

I've seen a GM theft deterrent system fail the vehicle still had power. The starter is just disabled.

If it's not ground related then it starting to sound like the BCM is having issues.

The key has noting to do with actually anything.  The BCM is telling everything to turn on and off.  If it isn't sending our the power up signals nothing will happen.

These electronic bugs are pain to figure out.

Out of curiosity, would a tune resolve the issue if it’s a BCM bug? I️ picture the bug being a software issue, would a quality tune potential fix it or no?

Saw they are $75 on rock auto, does a BCM need any special programming or is it plug and play?

3 hours ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Out of curiosity, would a tune resolve the issue if it’s a BCM bug? I️ picture the bug being a software issue, would a quality tune potential fix it or no?

Saw they are $75 on rock auto, does a BCM need any special programming or is it plug and play?

I would imagine the BCM would need to be programmed to your truck.  I'd check with White Auto and Media to be sure. 

Archived