Remote not working 2017 Silverado LT

So I bought a brand new 2017 Silverado about 6 months ago and the major selling point for me was the distance between me and the truck when unlocking and locking the truck. I had a 2011 before and you had to be right next to it to unlock the damn thing so I thought it was awesome to now be able to unlock this thing from a far distance away. Recently it hasn't been working from far away and now it's like I have to get right on top of it to unlock it or lock it.....anybody have any opinions on this? I just wanna hear what you all have to say before I go to the dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I actually started using my 2nd key fob and I get the same results

The cell phone app works extremely well although it's not the method you are wanting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Havent personally ever had this issue with my 17' but perhaps you could try the old top gear method:

1) Stand just beyond whatever point the remote entry stops working 

2) Hold the end of the remote tight against the temple of your head and press the lock or unlock button

This will allow your body to become essentially a large radio antenna booster so If the remote entry then works its an easy way to know its a weak signal issue either from a low battery in the remote or an issue with the receiver within the truck.

• Like 1

Havent personally ever had this issue with my 17' but perhaps you could try the old top gear method:

1) Stand just beyond whatever point the remote entry stops working 
2) Hold the end of the remote tight against the temple of your head and press the lock or unlock button

This will allow your body to become essentially a large radio antenna booster so If the remote entry then works its an easy way to know its a weak signal issue either from a low battery in the remote or an issue with the receiver within the truck.

Lmao haha