BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover chat price for Black Friday

I was looking at the BAKFlip MX4 for my truck the last couple weeks, saw that they were pretty much across the board at $809 today for Black Friday deal. I was on Bakflip dot com site and saw that chat window pop up saying to chat for discounts.. so pop it open and asked if the price they are showing for the MX4 was the best price they offer since most sites were selling it for that price...response was,  the chat price was $768.99(free shipping) out the door. So, jumped on that and should be seeing it in about a week or so. 

Anyone looking for a Tonneau Cover or looking at this one might want to try the chat feature and might get a better deal than advertised, maybe they do this all the time? But it was new to me and think I got a good deal on it.

Item I bought:

BAK-448121 - BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover - BAK-448121

I was looking at the BAKFlip MX4 for my truck the last couple weeks, saw that they were pretty much across the board at $809 today for Black Friday deal. I was on Bakflip dot com site and saw that chat window pop up saying to chat for discounts.. so pop it open and asked if the price they are showing for the MX4 was the best price they offer since most sites were selling it for that price...response was,  the chat price was $768.99(free shipping) out the door. So, jumped on that and should be seeing it in about a week or so. 

Anyone looking for a Tonneau Cover or looking at this one might want to try the chat feature and might get a better deal than advertised, maybe they do this all the time? But it was new to me and think I got a good deal on it.

Item I bought:
BAK-448121 - BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover - BAK-448121

A lot of us have had success ordering from MRTMotorsports on the forum here. Believe I got mine from him last year for around $750.

Not a bad deal though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of us have had success ordering from MRTMotorsports on the forum here. Believe I got mine from him last year for around $750.

Not a bad deal though

How are you liking the fit and look of the cover. Any issues with leakage into the bad?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

How are you liking the fit and look of the cover. Any issues with leakage into the bad?

Took 20 minutes to install, another 2-3 minutes to readjust to fit. Fits perfect, very sleek nice design. Can hold myself standing on It (180 lbs)Super easy to clean up too. I’ve noticed some of the rubber stoppers have started to peel off, but I added 3M tape and it’s holding strong.

It’s not 100% waterproof, but 98% is what I’d say. Small amount comes in at the two top corners. Members have added foam here to basically make it 100% if that’s what you need.

I personally don’t, and I will keep this bad boy for a long time! The vinyl shines up nice too.

Took 20 minutes to install, another 2-3 minutes to readjust to fit. Fits perfect, very sleek nice design. Can hold myself standing on It (180 lbs)Super easy to clean up too. I’ve noticed some of the rubber stoppers have started to peel off, but I added 3M tape and it’s holding strong.

It’s not 100% waterproof, but 98% is what I’d say. Small amount comes in at the two top corners. Members have added foam here to basically make it 100% if that’s what you need.

I personally don’t, and I will keep this bad boy for a long time! The vinyl shines up nice too.

Thanks for the info. I'll grab some extra foam just in case.

I honestly think that if your cover leaks it wasnt properly installed. Follower directions closley ,especially on tightening the two fastener, knobs that go through the cover. Tighten them improperly/to tight and it will make impressions in the aluminum shell

You will get leaks with "all" covers at the tailgate , you will get water between the gaps at the side of the tailgate itself. Only way to keep this from happening is buy a tailgate gasket kit

I honestly think that if your cover leaks it wasnt properly installed. Follower directions closley ,especially on tightening the two fastener, knobs that go through the cover. Tighten them improperly/to tight and it will make impressions in the aluminum shell

You will get leaks with "all" covers at the tailgate , you will get water between the gaps at the side of the tailgate itself. Only way to keep this from happening is buy a tailgate gasket kit

Cool, thanks for that info. I'll make sure to pay attention to that part during install. I'll look at the tailgate gasket as well just in case I'll need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I finally got around to installing it tonight. Question I have is, how many of you that have this one installed all 3 bumpers that it came with to protect the back window area when it's folded all the way up against it? I was installing the middle one and it seems that is all I needed, as I see the ones they show to add on the outside parts, the cover doesn't even touch the windows, I'd say a good 3/8" to 1/2" away from the window(back of cab) once I installed the bumper in the center. So, that's all the bumper I have installed for now, just the center one.

Also, how far did you let the rubber seal up by the cab, the one that goes over the weather strip seal, go over it. I have mine pretty much lined up with it and not really overlapping. I'll put up pictures once I get better shots during the day, as I get home and leave for work when it's dark.. :D

If the front seal isnt completly cover and overlapped by the cover you didnt put the seal in the proper place. Mine is covered by a good amount

Instructions say to put the seal at the very back edge of the bed

The seal needs to be at the very back edge of the front of the bed. 

I'm happy with my MX4, and Bakflip has solid customer service too. I had an issue with a bent rail; called them and sent a picture. 3 days later two new rails showed up at my door. 

Like others have said, expect water to get in around the tailgate. I've yet to find a solution. 

8 minutes ago, parthery said:

Like others have said, expect water to get in around the tailgate. I've yet to find a solution. 

there is a gasket set that covers the gaps in the tailgate, personally that very small amount of water doesnt bother me

Archived