BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover chat price for Black Friday

7 hours ago, parthery said:

Is this gasket set a GM part?  If so, does anyone have the part number?

No not a GM part. Various companies make them. Google "tailgate gasket seal"

On 12/7/2017 at 4:10 AM, Orlando8 said:

If the front seal isnt completly cover and overlapped by the cover you didnt put the seal in the proper place. Mine is covered by a good amount

Instructions say to put the seal at the very back edge of the bed

Yeah ... I did that but then water started to work its way through when driving through the rain. I had Bak send me a second cab gasket. I put it behind the first one and now it's dry as a bone.

The center of the gasket doesn't really need a second layer, but on the edges where the rubber "edge" of the cover ends and the side of the cover begins, you really need a lot more there. If you had another gasket set you could just beef up the sides and probably be fine.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:10 AM, Orlando8 said:

If the front seal isnt completly cover and overlapped by the cover you didnt put the seal in the proper place. Mine is covered by a good amount

Instructions say to put the seal at the very back edge of the bed

Yeah, from watching other videos, they mention to put it at the back edge. Mine's pretty close to the back edge, but I also have it adjusted to where the back seal(the 3 fins) that seals the tailgate, are all on the tailgate itself. I think my instructions only mentions using that seal if you have no bed-liner, but to use it with a spray on liner, not sure it mentioned to put it at the back edge. If anything, I'll try to get it as close to the edge radius. 

I've also seen folks mention in their videos, that they push the cover all the way up to the bed/seal so it sits square. Looking underneath, the front edge is not pushed up all the way against the front of the bed, but everything seems to seal/line up pretty square.

I did have the front seal completely overlapping at the start, but as I pulled more to the rear to get those 3 fins to seal the tailgate, it now sits on the front seal with just about an 1/8 hanging over that seal. 

I'll try to get some pictures when I get home today with some good lighting. 

Instructions are to put the gasket at the very edge then push the cover up against it. As for the fins they will not all touch the tailgate, they do not need to. 

When listening to people who have issues with their cover it seems they do not follow the directions completely. Dont overthink it, just follow directions

Instructions are to put the gasket at the very edge then push the cover up against it. As for the fins they will not all touch the tailgate, they do not need to. 
When listening to people who have issues with their cover it seems they do not follow the directions completely. Dont overthink it, just follow directions
Ok,I was focusing more on the 3 fins sealing the rear gate. I'll make the adjustment with pushing the cover against the front seal as you stated. Appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Archived