Slow conversion to prerunner-like

Hi all,

I am looking to start a slow conversion to turn my truck into something like a prerunner and I'm looking for suggestions and advice.

Current set-up:

2015 LTZ Crew cab 4X4 w/6.2L and 8spd tranny

-Rancho Quicklift Leveling Struts

-275/70/r18 General Grabber AT2(on stock alloys)

Goal: 

-Make my truck look something similar to the 2nd picture

Information needed:

-What is the best order to do the mods in considering some require others already be in place?

-What parts will I need aside from bumpers, fiberglass fenders/custom fender wells?

-What parts will 35's or 37's rub in the front? In the rear?(assuming I already have 3inch or 5.5 inch fiberglass fenders already installed)

-What issues will I run into with each modification?

-When after I get to the desired appearance, what suspension is highly recommended for daily deliverable yet efficient off-road(i.e. Fox 2.0? 2.5? Icon stage? King ? Etc.) 

Thanks!

2017-11-21_21.21.45.jpg

2987d1b3af0ed3ca349ec9a294fcd234--x-trucks-cars-and-trucks.jpg

37 minutes ago, snowbrdd said:

That just looks like bumper fender extensions, wheels and tires, shocks/lift. 

Are you looking for actual high speed off roading? Or just the appearance

Yes, that is indeed what it looks like but since it's only a minor lift/level I need to know what mod make the 35's or 37's possible besides the fenders. 

I want the appearance first, then I will eventually invest in the struts/shocks to make it functional at high speed off-road.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 12:03 PM, 6.2Chevy said:

Yes, that is indeed what it looks like but since it's only a minor lift/level I need to know what mod make the 35's or 37's possible besides the fenders. 

I want the appearance first, then I will eventually invest in the struts/shocks to make it functional at high speed off-road.

I suggest contacting rogue racing and asking for the specs on that truck. They would probably tell you everything. offset and backspacing and all that confuse me too much to help you out there but prerunners generally have a higher lift in the front than the rear.

22 hours ago, 6.2Chevy said:

Thanks everyone. I guess the main question here for the moment is: how do I get 35s to fit on a leveled truck?

Cut the fenders open with a muffler cutter, lose the bumper and spoiler, gut the fenderwells and put deep offset wheels on it. 

Later, when you get about $5 grand, you can buy the front long travel suspension. Another $2 grand and you can get the fenders and bedsides.  A couple more grand and you can get the rear long travel suspension.  Maybe a grand for a front bumper, another $1-2 grand for some lights, paint, roll bar, and other miscellaneous.  Don't forget the $3k worth of wheels and tires. 

There's a lot cheaper vehicles to go bangin around in the dirt than converting a 5000 lb fullsize crewcab truck into a dirt buggy.  As a bonus feature, you can still drive home in your bone stock truck when something breaks on the toy in the middle of the desert and drive the truck to work Monday morning, just a thought.  https://www.ebay.com/sch/Dune-Buggies-Sand-Rails/133220/bn_16581800/i.html

Edited by Spurshot
  • Like 2

On 11/25/2017 at 3:03 PM, 6.2Chevy said:

What about buying a 4 inch BDS with Fox coilovers and replace your stock bumper with a pre-runner bumper?  Some BW extend a fender flares color matched, and some wheel spacers, and you have something close to the look you're going for, and a truck that would still be practical.  You're looking at at least $5k if you follow my suggestion (probably closer to $7,500).  

12 hours ago, Nasty said:

So you don't want prerunner you just want to fit 35s?

I do want a prerunner. I don't know what order to go in for mods that makes the most sense. It'd be all done over a 2 year process, but I can't seem to find anyone that can tell me what hard parts that 35's will rub on a leveled truck aside from the obvious(fenders and bumper).

I do want a prerunner. I don't know what order to go in for mods that makes the most sense. It'd be all done over a 2 year process, but I can't seem to find anyone that can tell me what hard parts that 35's will rub on a leveled truck aside from the obvious(fenders and bumper).
Pull the bumper. Use a stock wheel. 35s will still rub but minimal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk