Adaptive flapper valve replacement

I just recently installed a 14” MF muffler dual exit on a 2017 Sierra 5.3. The first shop butchered the install so the 2nd shop had to remove my flapper to fix the butchering. 

Problem is when in v4 mode it sounds terrible other than that the exhaust sounds great. 

Ive searched gmparts but couldn’t find anything. 

Does anybody have a part # for this piece? The muffler shop said they’d weld it on free of charge if I found one. 

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2017 at 9:53 PM, FIREBLADE74 said:

I just recently installed a 14” MF muffler dual exit on a 2017 Sierra 5.3. The first shop butchered the install so the 2nd shop had to remove my flapper to fix the butchering. 

Problem is when in v4 mode it sounds terrible other than that the exhaust sounds great. 

Does anybody have a part # for this piece? The muffler shop said they’d weld it on free of charge if I found one. 

Thx!

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but.....

flapper.JPG

They will replace your exhaust if you are still under warranty.
I just got my truck back yesterday morning and it's cured.....at least for now.

They won't cover it because he got a MF installed and the shop who did the job butchered the flapper. It was not manufacture failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ElJefeBlanco said:

They will replace your exhaust if you are still under warranty.

I just got my truck back yesterday morning and it's cured.....at least for now.

Like Siren said. I just want that chopper effect minimized. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, FIREBLADE74 said:

Thx!

Disable AFM, it doesn't serve any purpose

On 12/15/2017 at 7:44 AM, bgbdwlf2500 said:

Disable AFM, it doesn't serve any purpose

Don’t want to void my warranty, brand new truck. Performance is great it’s just that sound I don’t like. I wonder if the dealer would sell me a take off from somebody getting a catback? I kind of miss the quietness. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:40 PM, FIREBLADE74 said:

Don’t want to void my warranty, brand new truck. Performance is great it’s just that sound I don’t like. I wonder if the dealer would sell me a take off from somebody getting a catback? I kind of miss the quietness. 

when I had a flowmaster put on (just the muffler) I didn't like how loud and noticeable the difference was when afm kicked in. then I saw the oil consumption issues posts and just went ahead and disabled it. look into the range module, if I'm not mistaken its not traceable and all it does is disable afm

1 hour ago, FIREBLADE74 said:

I think I’m just too old for the noise really lol. 

I don't like noisy either. But I am really happy with my setup.  All I did as a carven tr muffler.  No flapper and a kept the resonator nice little rumble but barely louder than stock. No drone or helicopter chop.  

Archived