How rare is my 2017?

Im thinking it's pretty rare. 2017 Denali without a sunroof. It has pretty much everything the Ultimate does minus the power steps and sunroof. Has 22" wheels and 6.2.

I was surprised when i bought it because i had assumed a sunroof was standard on Denali? I got a killer deal on the truck, so im wondering if it was a custom order without the sunroof and something fell through with the buyer.

20170815_091355.jpg

Im thinking it's pretty rare. 2017 Denali without a sunroof. It has pretty much everything the Ultimate does minus the power steps and sunroof. Has 22" wheels and 6.2.

I was surprised when i bought it because i had assumed a sunroof was standard on Denali? I got a killer deal on the truck, so im wondering if it was a custom order without the sunroof and something fell through with the buyer.
20170815_091355.thumb.jpg.205476c18e247bc3055a02e284d174df.jpg

I’ve got 2 guys at my work with the exact same truck. No sunroof. Apparently they’re common in Texas.

One of them changed the mirror caps to black and the window, door trim, and handles to white so they could tell which was their truck haha (I had to help). Other one left it just as your picture shows. I believe he’s looking into AMP steps though.

Unfortunately I’ve never been a fan of the 22s. After driving their Denali, I was so happy to have 17s. I did really like the painted XM antenna.

Sorry, def not a rare config.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, ChevyRoofer said:

I’ve got 2 guys at my work with the exact same truck. No sunroof. Apparently they’re common in Texas.

One of them changed the mirror caps to black and the window, door trim, and handles to white so they could tell which was their truck haha (I had to help). Other one left it just as your picture shows. I believe he’s looking into AMP steps though.

Unfortunately I’ve never been a fan of the 22s. After driving their Denali, I was so happy to have 17s. I did really like the painted XM antenna.

Sorry, def not a rare config.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback!

The sunroof is not a standard option for the K2 denalis. Nor are the power steps. My brother-in-law has a ‘15 Denali without either of the options. And the 6.2 can now be had on lower trim levels, such as my slt all-terrain. There’s probably more K2 Denali trucks on the road with sunroofs than without. But certainly not a rare set-up. 

2 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

Sunroof not standard on Denali, but included in PEC package.

It can also be added without the PEC package.

Ultimate pkg info:

PEC         NEW!  Denali Ultimate Package, includes (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (Q7M) 22" aluminum wheels with premium paint and chrome inserts, (CF5) power sunroof, (JL1) trailer brake controller, (BRS) Tri-Mode Power Steps, (VQY) chrome recovery hooks, LPO.
1 - Requires 4WD model. Not available with any LPO wheels, (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO or (PDL) Cargo Convenience Package, LPO.

Even with the 'ultimate' package, there are still some options that can be selected.

I think some of you may be misconstruing what i'm asking. I am by no means implying that my truck is some highly sought after unicorn.  I was merely asking if a 6.2 Denali without a sunroof was an uncommon combination.

Because i have yet to come across one in my region. Or on this forum for that matter. So until then, i am going with an "uncommon combination." :D

Archived