First Diesel

Been a member since 07 but yesterday I upgraded from a 2014 Z71 Denali 6.2 to a 2018 Z71 Denali DMax 2500HD. So far I like it compared to the gas it is a little slower but way more torque. Can’t wait to tow the camper now!!  

Already ordered a undercover cover folding bed cover and will do the fog light mod and light tint the front side windows...  but want to level the front 2” and find a nice bolt on exhaust tip that does not block the cooling opening on the factory one. 

Then more of an all terrain tire later on. 

19C0E018-0F4E-4281-9A57-F69C6FA26BC1.jpeg

On 11/26/2017 at 1:08 PM, EXSlider400 said:

Been a member since 07 but yesterday I upgraded from a 2014 Z71 Denali 6.2 to a 2018 Z71 Denali DMax 2500HD. So far I like it compared to the gas it is a little slower but way more torque. Can’t wait to tow the camper now!!  

Already ordered a undercover cover folding bed cover and will do the fog light mod and light tint the front side windows...  but want to level the front 2” and find a nice bolt on exhaust tip that does not block the cooling opening on the factory one. 

Congrats on the ride!

First time you do a 40 - 60 acceleration with the trailer hooked to it you'll be amazed at the difference.

On 11/26/2017 at 12:08 PM, EXSlider400 said:

19C0E018-0F4E-4281-9A57-F69C6FA26BC1.jpeg

Nice looking truck..As you get used to the power delivery and sound, you'll find the L5P is actually quicker, not slower than the 6.0.

22 minutes ago, CRApex said:

Nice looking truck..As you get used to the power delivery and sound, you'll find the L5P is actually quicker, not slower than the 6.0.

His previous was a 6.2L 1500..

I've always thought it depends how the comparison is done.  From a stop light 6.2 might win.  40-60 when pulling an enclosed trailer I'd take the 6.6 everyday.

Similarly equipped, his new one will be about 2000 lbs heavier than previous. 

26 minutes ago, redwngr said:

His previous was a 6.2L 1500..

I've always thought it depends how the comparison is done.  From a stop light 6.2 might win.  40-60 when pulling an enclosed trailer I'd take the 6.6 everyday.

Similarly equipped, his new one will be about 2000 lbs heavier than previous. 

Ahh, good point.  Missed the 6.2 part.  

Archived