Ordered my Zone 4.5 Lift

As the title said I finally broke down after enough research that I felt good about the move. I got a really good deal on Black Friday so decided the time was right. Myself, my brother, and my cousin are going to install it this next weekend.

I need to order tires and wanted some help from you fellow forum members. I am using the stock rims and not using spacers on the front wheels for sure. That said having the stamped steel UCA I know width can be an issue so I can plan around that now. I am definitely going with the Ridge Grappler tires.

Sizes to choose from are many though...285/65R20, 295/60R20, or 35x11.50x20. I know all these will fit my appl without rubbing because I have found others running these on my exact setup/aside from the 285 size as it is brand new. Question though is do I want taller and more narrow or a little shorter and wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the title said I finally broke down after enough research that I felt good about the move. I got a really good deal on Black Friday so decided the time was right. Myself, my brother, and my cousin are going to install it this next weekend.

I need to order tires and wanted some help from you fellow forum members. I am using the stock rims and not using spacers on the front wheels for sure. That said having the stamped steel UCA I know width can be an issue so I can plan around that now. I am definitely going with the Ridge Grappler tires.

Sizes to choose from are many though...285/65R20, 295/60R20, or 35x11.50x20. I know all these will fit my appl without rubbing because I have found others running these on my exact setup/aside from the 285 size as it is brand new. Question though is do I want taller and more narrow or a little shorter and wider.

Even though you don’t want to use spacers on the front wheels, your track width in the front will increase significantly (making it look like you have wheel spacers in the front and none in the back). The zone lift does that regardless. Most people add wheel spacers to the back wheels to make it appear even. 1.5” spacers typically I think.

So I would go with a taller and skinnier tire since your tire are already going to stick 1.5-2” further out due to the Zone lift.

Would assume you went with a 4-6.5” Zone lift. Also assuming you have stock 20x9 wheels with 5.75” backspacing.

I’d go 285/65/20. 34.6” or so. I would also add Bora 1.5-2” hub centric wheel spacers to the rear to even out the appearance.

My lift will be in Monday. The only sizes in the Ridge Grappler that are immediately available are the 35x11.50x20 and 295/60R20. The 295s are $50 more per tire than the 35s oddly.

I ordered the tires at lunch. My tire guy is bringing in the 35/11.50 and the 295/65 so we will see which ones look better.

Looking at the specs the 295/65s are lighter than the 11.50s by a couple pounds, and half an inch taller. Hopefully they fit ok.

I won't have time to install everything until sometime next week.......

03a09909293036f8877ad907ca21814e.jpg

Nick, those are Trail Grapplers right? What did they measure out on the truck, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to zip tie the fender wells?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’ll love it. Here’s my 4.5 on 33x12.5x20

1a8904371bce9113acd2307e70984809.jpg86f45ba72d555f07340e932b55086d4a.jpg

Criscone, can you repost your pic? I can't see it on Tapatalk or the website. I have seen recent pics of your truck and it looks awesome. I can't get enough of pics these trucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk