Bed Storage

What have you done/seen done for storage by the cab in the bed? I have a tonneau cover and I'm looking to have something to store my jumpers, jump box, jack & other odds and ends that aren't in my tool bag.

I keep such items locked up in a solid, well built truck box.  Check out your local aluminum fabrication shop and get one custom built to your specifications.  Better quality for a reasonable price!

post-150467-0-36673700-1499175085_thumb.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rich55016 said:

I am going to add a swing case to each side of mine.

I have the swing case, and I give a big thumbs up. It tucks out of the way along the side, but is easily removable if I want it out for any reason. I was thinking about getting two, but I managed to fit all my junk in only 1. I also have two small tool boxes that I keep under my back seat. They don't slide on my Husky floor liner.

Why not just get an under-seat tray for your backseat? I wouldn't like a tool box bolted down in my bed, I think it would get in my way more often. If you are only storing things temporarily, you can cut a 2x6 to fit in the little pockets and it will hold loose items or a box/crate/bin up in front. So many options.

Edit, I looked back and see you listed: jumpers, jump box and jack...

1. Jumper cables easily fit in the swing case.

2. I don't know how big a jump box is, why do you need it if you have cables? do you frequently travel to places where no one else is around for miles?

3. Doesn't the jack have a home under the rear seat already? Are you dragging a second floor jack around all the time?

I have the custom and in the middle of the back seat is a hump, not flat, and on one half a have one of those tool boxes with the 4 drawers. In the bed of the truck i have tie downs, my small jack, a big blanket, hitch, tool bag, baseball bag during the season, a bag with soccer ball, football and cleats. I just hate having to remove everything one by one if i need the full bed or when they slide around. 

3 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I have the swing case, and I give a big thumbs up. It tucks out of the way along the side, but is easily removable if I want it out for any reason. I was thinking about getting two, but I managed to fit all my junk in only 1.

It really depends how large/bulky the items you want to store are. Can you tell us what you plan to keep in the bed? Why not just get an under-seat tray for your backseat? I wouldn't like a tool box bolted down in my bed, I think it would get in my way more often. If you are only storing things temporarily, you can cut a 2x6 to fit in the little pockets and it will hold loose items or a box/crate/bin up in front. So many options.

as for the swing case, good to know.. I've seen some good reviews on it and am probably looking at getting it for/after Christmas. only reason i haven't yet is I'm debating on the swing case vs the one that has a speaker in it already. i may do one of each though. 

1 minute ago, daneal said:

I have the custom and in the middle of the back seat is a hump, not flat, and on one half a have one of those tool boxes with the 4 drawers. In the bed of the truck i have tie downs, my small jack, a big blanket, hitch, tool bag, baseball bag during the season, a bag with soccer ball, football and cleats. I just hate having to remove everything one by one if i need the full bed or when they slide around.

If i was you, I would just use the 2x6 method to hold things from sliding around. Maybe buy a tote to throw loose items in, so you only need to pick up the one tote if you want the bed empty.

I optd against the bed cover and went with a weatherguard tool box.  You can have both but would need to buy a shorter bed cover.

i have a reg cab so all my truck things go in the bed box and I have plenty of room for luggage and other shit I don't want in the elements when I travel.  I also bought a contico brand plastic tote from lowes for additional dry storage when traveling.

Cheapest option for you...I imagine with back seats you've got plenty of nooks and cranny's to store things in the cab.  Or just buy a plastic lockable tote.

The board and tote method works well.  Milk crates are great for things like propane bottles, gas containers etc.  I found that with a rubber bed-mat, a bungy cord between the opposing tie downs adequately replaces a board.  

I went with the BAKFlip MX4 and a 46inch black tool box from Tractor Supply in the bed.
IMG_1283.thumb.jpg.3f01876e779230b494d6e7d810e93819.jpg
IMG_1390.thumb.jpg.b874e85e1b2b12e5ae7af79e312b70c3.jpg

Does that tool box slide at all? Or did you secure It to the hooks at the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived