Ford F-150 Awards Just Won't Stop

Gorehamj

f-150 black 18.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

11-28-2017

Please don't kill the messenger! Motor Trend has named the Ford F-150 its “Truck of the Year” in the same week U.S. News & World Report Autos chose Ford as the best truck brand. Ford can’t seem to lose a contest these days. These wins come just a few weeks after the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) named the F-150 the Truck of Texas for the second straight year.

Nic Phillips, President of TAWA, said of its group’s award, “Ford’s 2018 F-150 Pickup, boosted by its extreme performance 2018 Raptor model along with updated EcoBoost engines and 10-speed transmissions, convinced our journalists to bestow the trophy.”

U.S. News said of the F-150, “The Ford F-150 nabbed the Best Truck Brand award for Ford, with the F-150's capability, safety, and high-tech features putting it over the top.

What say you GM-Trucks.com faithful? Will GM’s Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra turn the tide in the 2019 model-year with new updates and designs and do these awards even matter?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn....

Ford is the freshest design of the domestics, and have some innovative features. With that said, the long term reliability of the product is highly suspect, especially the turbos and the related equipment. I still hate the interior, entirely aluminum body, and styling..

Yawn....

Ford is the freshest design of the domestics, and have some innovative features. With that said, the long term reliability of the product is highly suspect, especially the turbos and the related equipment. I still hate the interior, entirely aluminum body, and styling..

.......the turbos? Really? You’re worried about reliable technology that’s been around for decades?

Just now, racetrk said:

.......the turbos? Really? You’re worried about reliable technology that’s been around for decades?

Ok Ford Shill, most manufacturers can manage to get a turbo to last, but the Egoboosts are high mileage failures. I have seen so many it's sad.

Aluminum is better for beer cans than truck bodies.... You have to get a top of the line model for autotrac type transfer cases, you can't use the bed of the truck like a truck without denting the crap outta it, they're still using suicide doors for extended cabs, V6 turbo's aren't as attractive to me as a v8 with cylinder deactivation and so on... I'm certainly not really brand loyal but, I think GM still has the best trucks available at the moment... I got semi interested in the newest Nissan Titan but, it's just too goofy looking to me.

14 hours ago, racetrk said:

Yup, all the ecoboost boys who bought a few years ago....same story...No, I went with the 5.0L on my new truck?  Course they did freaking joke!

Bottom line,

The contractors are using GM V-8's Steel Body's etc!  The guy who wants to look good going to the grocery store has a F-150 and says, "We didn't take no Freaking Government Loan"  Mind you this is the same guy who has never even owned Ford's before but now is clearly in Ford camp?  Really, take it from Farm people and Contractors.....the Ford does not last compared to GM's it's that simple!  Oh..and the maintenance with GM's from Fleet to Fleet are consistently FAR LOWER THAN FORD and that is fact!

At the end of the day, there are going to be Fords that will outlast Rams, GMs, Tundras, and Titans, and there will be GMs that will outlast Fords, Rams, Tundras, and Titans.....etc...... Its hard to say which one is better. Just like the battle between Apple and Samsung.

10 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Right good luck with that.

13718806_10155144196469552_7149002289747126238_n_203c225e57329a8910e9d3ac8dabd9743bfc11b0.jpg

13710025_10155144196464552_9005748192975733191_n_9b6d7f9cbc3315e023d065f2b281f8168924d919.jpg

Wow! I have been to qcsa & copart auctions & have seen some weird stuff. But that is crazy. Have not seen anything peel away quite like that. 

18 hours ago, Gorehamj said:

f-150 black 18.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

11-28-2017

Please don't kill the messenger! Motor Trend has named the Ford F-150 its “Truck of the Year” in the same week U.S. News & World Report Autos chose Ford as the best truck brand. Ford can’t seem to lose a contest these days. These wins come just a few weeks after the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) named the F-150 the Truck of Texas for the second straight year.

Nic Phillips, President of TAWA, said of its group’s award, “Ford’s 2018 F-150 Pickup, boosted by its extreme performance 2018 Raptor model along with updated EcoBoost engines and 10-speed transmissions, convinced our journalists to bestow the trophy.”

U.S. News said of the F-150, “The Ford F-150 nabbed the Best Truck Brand award for Ford, with the F-150's capability, safety, and high-tech features putting it over the top.

What say you GM-Trucks.com faithful? Will GM’s Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra turn the tide in the 2019 model-year with new updates and designs and do these awards even matter?

WTH does US News and World Report know about trucks????  Their "Autos" section is probably written by a college intern who drives a freakin Prius!

Archived