Ford F-150 Awards Just Won't Stop

Gorehamj

52 minutes ago, eddieconfetti3 said:

At the end of the day, there are going to be Fords that will outlast Rams, GMs, Tundras, and Titans, and there will be GMs that will outlast Fords, Rams, Tundras, and Titans.....etc...... Its hard to say which one is better. Just like the battle between Apple and Samsung.

Really, at the end of the day....F-150's have outsold Silverado's for years and that would make quite a few more units.....Yet, at the end of the day go to "Chevy Truck Legends"  and look at the 400k-1M mile GM trucks out there?  No Ford's do not do that at the end of the day....people who know durability don't buy F-150's at the end of the day....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the ROW related business for over 40Years. I’ve owned far more GM products than anything else, my last few1/2 tons have been GM. That being said the fleet buyers buyers I’ve done business with drive Fords. Standard trade in time is 200K miles. They go by total cost of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all you know about an award is who won it, does it really mean anything? Personally none of them mean squat to me. The only exception are the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) ratings, those I have seen videos of their tests and know they put a lot of effort in to their ratings.

Award and internet ratings mean nothing to me. My dad told me that when he bought the car that I eventually learned to drive on (by then it was our second car), he read all the reviews and ratings on every thing he looked at. In the end he went with what they could afford back then, which happened to have the worst reviews. To this day, my dad swears that 89 Corsica was the best car he's ever owned. That's over the Intrepid, Camry, Altima, and even the Passat they have now. An award or rating comes down to the person that's reviewing it, and try as they might it's always going to be biased. 

As for these truck of the years, it comes down to what's new that year. Ford had a restyling, they win. La-tee-da...

Had a 2015 f150 it was a lemon due to water leaks in cab, replaced with a 2017 still had same issue 

now in a gmc and seems like there are no issues 

that pic pic of the truck was cut open at the yard, along the seam... remember the weld is stronger than the metal so for it to be that straight it was cut not torn

i bought a 2016 gasser hd silverado specifically because it had the least technology and, not coincidentally, the best reliability.  i am sure a gasser hd would score dead last in a contest like this, but if i am still driving it in 20 years, that will be the contest that matters.

Yaa if you listen to the commercials Ford outsells Chevy trucks and has for years, but what they don't say is Ford outselling GM. Combine Chevy and GMC and they beat Fords sales wise.

I have never bought a new vehicle and never will. So these awards they give out mean nothing to me.  I look at what really counts, reliability years down the road.  Are there problems that always occur with a certain engine, transmission.... etc. that I would be aware of when looking at a used vehicle, yep, but with new you don't know.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, Imcrazy said:

Aluminum is better for beer cans than truck bodies.... 

For all youngsters . . . . all beer cans used to be steel.  Later the industry switched to aluminum for beer cans.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:20 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

Right good luck with that.

13718806_10155144196469552_7149002289747126238_n_203c225e57329a8910e9d3ac8dabd9743bfc11b0.jpg

13710025_10155144196464552_9005748192975733191_n_9b6d7f9cbc3315e023d065f2b281f8168924d919.jpg

This seems fake, what is holding the fender and the doors together? 

As far as aluminum bodies go... who cares? There have been aluminum body panels on cars & trucks for years. Living in the rust belt, I wish my Chevy was aluminum, at least in the rust prone areas. 

I have a 17 Silverado, a family member has a 16 F150. They are pretty evenly equipped and priced, we both agree that my truck looks better than his, his gets better mileage (3.5 ecoboost), I have peace of mind knowing that my V8 will go for years, he knows his will be rust free for years. If we both keep them long enough, I guess we'll eventually see who made the better choice!

The A pillar is holding the fender to the door, same way the B pillar is holding the front door and back door together. And people seem to forget that aluminum oxidizes (that's what rust is on steel) and it makes aluminum weaker. Is it quick... No, but it not some miracle metal... It's a good material to use as long as you take care of it...

Archived