Cold Weather Shake - 17 sierra

Curious to know if anyone else has experienced a truck shake in colder temps. I have not experienced any “chevy” shake so far with the factory set-up. Had dealer balance and put on my winter tires as it was already in the shop for tranny and rear camera programming.

I have had this tire package for 7-8 years as I had them for my 2007 sierra - never an issue.

Took it out for a test drive on the hwy to approx 75mph or 125-130 immediately after install and there was no real noticeable bad shake. Wife uses the truck during the week so I didn’t drive it much. This past weekend I used it, weather was much colder -15 C and The truck had a violent shake at times but only started at 60 mph and worse as speeds increased. Then other times the shake was there but not as violent. Puzzling.

Today it is 15C (not cold) and took the truck out and it runs just fine all the way up to 80mph.

Was about to call the dealership but now will wait for cold weather again to see how it runs. Very Odd.

Anyone else experiencing this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check for ice/snow in the wheel/brake areas of your truck.

My car is the worst offender for this.  I found that if I had water freeze or snow stuck in the wheel/brake area I would basically be vibrating for my entire 70km  highway commute.
Typically I would  take them to a car wash if it was above 0C or try to park in a heated garage for a few hours.  That would usually fix my vibration.

I can say I don't have any shake at -25f/-32c. I also don't have factory size tires and running 35s. What you might want to check on how the tires are balanced. If it was done by sticking the weights on the back inside part of rim and when it got cold could have fallen off. Or they changed the way the tire us made now that it's like rolling on cinder blocks at that temp and at that speed it sucks. Wouldn't be the first time a tire company did that

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would check for ice/snow in the wheel/brake areas of your truck.
My car is the worst offender for this.  I found that if I had water freeze or snow stuck in the wheel/brake area I would basically be vibrating for my entire 70km  highway commute.
Typically I would  take them to a car wash if it was above 0C or try to park in a heated garage for a few hours.  That would usually fix my vibration.

No ice / snow present. Simply cold weather.

I can say I don't have any shake at -25f/-32c. I also don't have factory size tires and running 35s. What you might want to check on how the tires are balanced. If it was done by sticking the weights on the back inside part of rim and when it got cold could have fallen off. Or they changed the way the tire us made now that it's like rolling on cinder blocks at that temp and at that speed it sucks. Wouldn't be the first time a tire company did that

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Same tire and rims that I used on my 2007 sierra - never an issue. Put the tires (after a balance) on the 2017 - no issues until the weather got cold and no there was no snow or ice on the tires. Weirdest thing ever. Just waiting for the cold weather to come back to re-assess.

Archived