Urgent help

I had to get my truck jump started today, and once i got it back up and running I noticed my radio wasn't working. Later in the day it starts working but as night came I noticed my headlights (low beams )wouldn't turn on. Noted I'm running TRS HID kit . And I checked my fuse and it's good. Really need help.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PalomaresC said:

I had to get my truck jump started today, and once i got it back up and running I noticed my radio wasn't working. Later in the day it starts working but as night came I noticed my headlights (low beams )wouldn't turn on. Noted I'm running TRS HID kit . And I checked my fuse and it's good. Really need help.

Thanks

sounds like it may be a bad battery. How old is the truck?

4 minutes ago, PalomaresC said:

But everything works expect the lights ? Should they work if the battery does

Your truck died and your radio did not want to power back on and now you have issues with lights so that's why I thought it could have been a battery. I had radio issues when my battery was on its way out. If you think it's just an issue with your lights, grab a multimeter and check voltage across the connections in your lights starting from that closest to the battery. Is your truck cranking slow this morning? 

Your truck died and your radio did not want to power back on and now you have issues with lights so that's why I thought it could have been a battery. I had radio issues when my battery was on its way out. If you think it's just an issue with your lights, grab a multimeter and check voltage across the connections in your lights starting from that closest to the battery. Is your truck cranking slow this morning? 
No it's fine now. Everything is good. Do you think maybe it blew a fuse somehow when I got jumped ?

45 minutes ago, PalomaresC said:

No it's fine now. Everything is good. Do you think maybe it blew a fuse somehow when I got jumped ?

More than likely but you could have also damaged the power or ground wire for the HIDs from the clamps when you jumped it

Instead of assuming it must be fine, take a voltmeter and check voltage across the battery, both before and after starting. You should see 14.5 to 14.8 after starting. Before starting it must be at least 12v. Modern electronics are very sensitive to voltage. A fuse can only blow from amperage higher that it is rated for. If you connected the boost directly to the battery, it would be near impossible to blow a fuse. However, if you happen to have a poor ground connection between the engine and or chassis and battery, and you connected the ground connection (negative booster cable) to either engine or chassis instead, all bets are off on what that could damage. Without checking voltages you are just throwing darts.

Sent from my KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Instead of assuming it must be fine, take a voltmeter and check voltage across the battery, both before and after starting. You should see 14.5 to 14.8 after starting. Before starting it must be at least 12v. Modern electronics are very sensitive to voltage. A fuse can only blow from amperage higher that it is rated for. If you connected the boost directly to the battery, it would be near impossible to blow a fuse. However, if you happen to have a poor ground connection between the engine and or chassis and battery, and you connected the ground connection (negative booster cable) to either engine or chassis instead, all bets are off on what that could damage. Without checking voltages you are just throwing darts.

Got it

12,72 before on 14.76 after starting. Battery gauge inside reading good. Connections are terminated tight.

I would suggest looking at the positive connection and grounds on your HID kit.  When truck was last in for service the driver side light would not come on after.  Rechecked everything and a wire was loose.  Retightened and lights are fine again.

I have TRS HiDs installed

Archived