Quiet but powerful?

I'm considering an exhaust change for my 2015 6.2L and I see a lot of thread focused on loudness or tone. I'm looking for a quiet exhaust upgrade OR one that it proven to provide substantial HP and TQ improvements. 

Does anyone know of an exhaust that isn't too much louder than stock, yet delivers performance results?

If not, whats it the most someone has seen out of catback system?

From previous exhaust threads quiet popular choices for the 6.2 are the GM Borla Cat Back and Corsa Touring exhaust.  Only negative are these systems are priced for 1K or more.

I took the cheap route and installed a Magnaflow 12909 in place of the factory muffler and flapper valve.   Pleased with the result.  Another option is a Flowmaster 53553.  Both quiet at cruising speed and no/minimal drone/V4 chop but sound good when on the gas.

Don't know what kind of HP gains if any you will see.  On a previous generation 6.2 Escalade the Magnaflow showed an 11 HP gain on dyno compared to a stock muffler IIRC.

20 hours ago, 6.2Chevy said:

I'm considering an exhaust change for my 2015 6.2L and I see a lot of thread focused on loudness or tone. I'm looking for a quiet exhaust upgrade OR one that it proven to provide substantial HP and TQ improvements. 

Does anyone know of an exhaust that isn't too much louder than stock, yet delivers performance results?

Don’t think there is much of a gain until the headers are replaced

also, I think you would be focused on sound if you had some seat time in a camaro or vette. After driving a camaro for a week, I was like damn, that’s what my engine sounds like. Might be the best sounding american v8 I’ve ever heard.

4 hours ago, Lgetz said:

From previous exhaust threads quiet popular choices for the 6.2 are the GM Borla Cat Back and Corsa Touring exhaust.  Only negative are these systems are priced for 1K or more.

I took the cheap route and installed a Magnaflow 12909 in place of the factory muffler and flapper valve.   Pleased with the result.  Another option is a Flowmaster 53553.  Both quiet at cruising speed and no/minimal drone/V4 chop but sound good when on the gas.

Don't know what kind of HP gains if any you will see.  On a previous generation 6.2 Escalade the Magnaflow showed an 11 HP gain on dyno compared to a stock muffler IIRC.

Is there anyone that has compiled a comparison list of these systems with gains, price, etc?

Looked up pricing for GM Borla Exhaust and the best price was 999.20.   My apology Corsa doesn't have a touring for the 6.2 only Sport exhaust which may be louder than you desire.  Magnaflow 12909 is 143.33 on eBay shipped although I paid about 115-118.00 with a 20% off Advance Auto coupon.   Flowmaster 53553 is 188.36 on eBay shipped.   Again YMMV with gains but here is a link to a thread regarding the 11 HP gain on an older 6.2.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/6-2l-130-magnaflow-3-5-muffler-swap.250344/

29 minutes ago, Orlando8 said:

You will never "feel" the small gains from a performance  exhaust. If you want something quiet you may as well stay with stock exhaust

I completely agree with your first statement, but I am a firm believer in the saying "shavings make up a pile". 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, 6.2Chevy said:

See link in my sig.......

i installed the AFE CAI and Magnaflow 12909 on my 2017 sierra denali 6.2.  love the sound.  cant say the performance is any better. although definitely see a better MPG now.  still shifts like shit!  i need to do a tune.

Archived