2017 Sierra Air Dam Removed..

Just a couple pictures of my Air Dam removed ( Before and After ). I'll be watching my MPG. Next week I'm doing a 2 inch level. Christmas 275/65R18 Falkin Wildpeaks..Looks much different with it removed though.

thumbnail (18).jpg

thumbnail (19).jpg

thumbnail (20).jpg

17 minutes ago, Waaazooo said:

How difficult was it to remove the dam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like 12, 10mm bolts and it slips off.

Personally it looks too bare and too unfinished without it from certain angles. I always found trimming it looked better (fill in the dips of the bumper with the valence, trim the excess)

3 hours ago, tanner709 said:

Personally it looks too bare and too unfinished without it from certain angles. I always found trimming it looked better (fill in the dips of the bumper with the valence, trim the excess)

Yeah, it’s really easy to remove. I agree that trimming it does look better in many situations. I don’t like the way that the center section hangs down and looks like buck teeth from the side.

12 minutes ago, Z2Z said:

Yeah, it’s really easy to remove. I agree that trimming it does look better in many situations. I don’t like the way that the center section hangs down and looks like buck teeth from the side.

exactly. I had the sierra before my Silverado and I grew to hate that bumper shape. The valence on a Silverado is much less noticing and bulky - although I did have to zip off 2 bolts.

8 hours ago, tanner709 said:

Doesn't the Chevy have a  little different profile. I think the GMC looks good without it at all..

Archived