Water Condensation or Leak in Headlamp -- 2015 Suburban

I am at wits end here with this truck. The LED's in the stock headlamps failed due to excessive water condensation. Thinking it was a faulty unit, I purchased aftermarket headlamps and had them installed costing me over $600 (Which is actually cheap for this repair), only to find the new headlamps are also filling with water.

It happens after every car wash or rain fall.

The Service Bulletin 02-08-42-001 really doesn't explain what the issue is related to or how to correct.

Does anybody have any kind of lead as to how to correct the problem?

• 1 year later...

2015 Tahoe 

Yeah that’s a bunch of crap feel the frustration! Pretty much, for the price, damn thing is a luxury car payment and issues like this drive me nuts too. Had a 02 Silverado and had the same issue. Drilled a hole in the bottom of that leans. WTH ever, had 225000 miles on it and got sick of seeing water in it!

Figured they would have fixed the issue before the they wanted to sell us $750 fixture, per! (Engineers) any of us would be able to a better job given the money they spend but that’s not how they make money!

Bought used, but the best thing I could do, after washing it, was park in the garage, while engines hot, pulled both the dust covers and put my cheap as% B&D leaf blower, (with the Nozzle off fit perfect?)in the HID and let it blow out the high beam, dried out pretty quickly. But had a decently dry day while doing it, 50% humidity. Not saying it’s a fix, but better than shorting out components out in the lamps like I’ve heard people are experiencing! Really have to be careful while spraying down apparently don’t have a ton of rain here in San Antonio but bet the lights wouldn’t last too long in rainy conditions.

Whats a hard working brother to do. Gotta make lemonade! Sorry for all the hate! Can’t expect a quality product anymore. Designed to fail! Sure Chevy’s not the only one. Love the design though! Comfortable ride.

Anyone figure out the fix on flashing lights in the cab? (Brake and left blinker)Just unplugged all the cab light was mine!