Drying Towel

Water at my house is silly hard, over 40 grains, and water spotting so bad I refused to hand wash at home. Then I was introduced to Rain-X spot free wash. Outside water is hard but the house has a softener. I fill the bucket from inside for the wipe down and add an ounce or so of the Rain-X to the water. Use a medium nap microfiber and give it a full wipe down wringing the rag outside the bucket rinsing the rag between wipes. Zero spotting. Shade of course and don't let the panels dry until you want them so.  

i've been checking out the CG ones. But i think any of the detailing ones are going to do the job.  unfortunately, it seems that i always get spots even when doing the leaf blower.  while i'm doing one side, the other side starts to dry.  i'm running out of warm days here, so i washed and rinsed off, then went for a drive immediately after.  still ended up with some spots.  

i'm in the process of having to go back with quick detailer to get rid of them, then putting on some jet sealer. 

Try The Rag Company's "Dry Me A River".  They actually work better a little damp.  You don't rub the vehicle with them -- you lay the towel on the vehicle and "blot" it to pick up the water.

As mentioned “The Rag Company” for any type of vehicle towel.

as for the water spots, how hard is the water in your area? I was renting a house and the hard water was around 350ppm. The house I bought across town, the water is 100ppm. You may need a water deionizer system. 

For what its worth I have always just bought the large green microfiber drying towels from Walmart, they have worked just as well as the CG microfiber towels for a fraction of the price, I use CG MR.PINK soap which I have been very happy with. 

9 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

What soap are you using to wash the truck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I want to say it was some Turtle Wax gold class that I could get to.   But i've experienced the same issue with meguiar's gold class as well.   

I think it's mainly the fact that the sun will start to dry the water before i have time to get to it all. 

I want to say it was some Turtle Wax gold class that I could get to.   But i've experienced the same issue with meguiar's gold class as well.   

I think it's mainly the fact that the sun will start to dry the water before i have time to get to it all. 
I was using turtle wax (bright green one) and was getting the same water spots. Moved to Chemical Guys Honeydew soap and drying it in the shade and no more water spots.

21 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

I was using turtle wax (bright green one) and was getting the same water spots. Moved to Chemical Guys Honeydew soap and drying it in the shade and no more water spots.

I'll try a couple different soaps to see what I get.    

I will say that Jet Seal stuff is awesome.