Downsizing and tools / Milwaukee Pack-out

Over the years I've accumulated a lot of tools and most will never be needed again.  I've been looking at the new Milwaukee Pack-out system with the idea of fitting all of my necessary tools and recycle the rest.  (My wife believes this is just a ploy to buy another toolbox ;-))  Does anyone here have the new pack-out system, and if so, what are your impressions?  

Sorry if the title is misleading.  The Milwaukee pack-out is a new modular, rolling tool kit which sold out very quickly at our local Home Depot.  I currently have three rolling chests with most drawers not being opened in years!  Half of my tools are inherited and have little monetary value.  It is time to leave the past and not leave the clean-up for my kids!

Simply a storage solution situation.  I am retired but do like my projects that involve working om my motorcycle, truck or house.  I feel I need to maintain a little above the basics but not to the amount I currently own.  Things like hand wood planes take up a lot of space but decades since I had the need to use one!

What's your current shop/workshop set up look like?

Tons of options to store all your stuff without having to buy those fancy crates.

If you don't think you'll ever use those wooden hand planes,  you could send them to me ;)

I have a PackOut and so far, I am impressed.  I have the kit from Home Depot with the large rolling box, the medium tool box, and the small tool box.  The build quality is outstanding and it comes with a few organizational boxes that fit in the tool boxes.  I bought Kaizen foam for the small toolbox. I use the foam in some form in most of my tool boxes. 

Below is a link to pre-cut inserts for most tool boxes. 

https://kaizeninserts.com/

I don’t have the organizers or tool bags, but may add some later as I grow into the system. 

Thanks for comment.  It was the set at Home Depot that brought this option to my attention.  I finally decided about a week ago to purchase a set but they were all sold out!  It seems many other people are impressed with the pack-out!

Archived