That sucks man.  Hope you are still within the warranty period.
Thankfully yes! Between the resale value and how cheap you can get these trucks now I can see why a lot of people get new ones every year

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I got a call from the dealership they said the truck is back together and it runs fine until you step on the gas the new turbo is making a sound and I quote here like a cat's tail stuck under a rocking chair. Truck is coming back apart tomorrow new turbo should be here by Friday.

So I got the truck back today. Runs great no problems at all so far. Well except for one little thing that I found during my acceptance inspection. When I pop the hood I could smell hot antifreeze so I'm checking for spills leaks anything like that. When I get to the driver side upper radiator hose it smelled pretty strong there but it was bone dry. On a whim I opened up my windshield washer Reservoir and you could tell somebody at mix Dexcool with windshield washer coolant. Everything was very oily to touch.

Also found what seems to be a Mis routing of the wire harness under the hood by the air conditioning compressor.

Is there supposed to be a bracket installed beside the AC compressor to hold that wire bundle?d79172ff5be98a2ff96dc6ac88d3f256.jpg979de08affea15c16bdaa89f565e321c.jpg9d00cadb307501506f627711ae411d06.jpg16a1283d6b995f98a4a7186a1d929973.jpg729b29b667b5d30f4f8fc94c534b2fb0.jpg

The harness was not misrouted instead a couple of the tie-downs and clips were broken. He was able to secure everything properly and everything's good to go now.

Antifreeze in the washer fluid tank?  What mechanic makes that mistake?!
That turned out to be my error. The reason it look the way it did was because I mix orange Rain-X with blue regular windshield washer fluid. The bright orange color around the top was simply the residue evaporating out of solution. As soon as he saw it he knew what it was.

21 hours ago, calgator73 said:

Still consuming coolant.  Dealership pressure tested system to 17 psi...held for several hours no issue.  Still consuming about 1 inch of coolant per day.

We have done some LML head gaskets....about 6 trucks here in the past year or two. 

Archived