So about a week ago, I got the "Left rear indicator failure" I figured it was just a bulb. So I put it off for a couple days. However, this Saturday I decided to change out the bulbs. Well the bulbs are good and also the fuses. I checked the wires that come from the junction box and they where all good. Any idea what it could be? The running lights work, but when it comes to stoping and the turn signal I get nothing. This shit is driving me crazy. 

This is what I've been told:

- I need a new Junction Box.

- I need to replace the fuse box in the engine bay

Please help, thanks for anything!

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue but with the rear right side taillight. The bulb was illuminated and it was near dawn. On the way to the dealer, the failure indicator went away when the auto lights turned of the light. The issue ended up being the actual light bulb being out when the exterior lights were being illuminated for night time driving. Mine was under the bumber-to-bumper warranty so they replaced it for me. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the help!

I found out the fix and wanted to post it on here just in case someone else has issues. 

Well some how a small rock got inside my fuse box under the hood. It got in-between where it makes connections with the plugs underneath. It would let the fuse box sit down all the way and thats why it wasn't sending a connection.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem, started yesterday.   No work has ever been done near the fuse box .

Have the truck treated with Rust Stop oil treatment every year. Here in Buffalo our roads are paved with salt.

If anyone has any ideas.... please

So, just to update this. The rock actually had nothing to do with my problem. I took my time and inspected everything. I did a continuity test and turned out somewhere in the harness the wite for that taillight had been cut. Instead of trying to find out where it had been cut. I purchased a new harness and replaced it. Yes it was a bitch to replace the entire factory harness but it fixed my issue. Test your BCM, Fuse box, and the motherboard on the back bumper to see if they are getting any signal.

9 hours ago, xIIPHOENIXIIx said:

So, just to update this. The rock actually had nothing to do with my problem. I took my time and inspected everything. I did a continuity test and turned out somewhere in the harness the wite for that taillight had been cut. Instead of trying to find out where it had been cut. I purchased a new harness and replaced it. Yes it was a bitch to replace the entire factory harness but it fixed my issue. Test your BCM, Fuse box, and the motherboard on the back bumper to see if they are getting any signal.

Thank You...     Where is the fuse for the brake, turn signal left side ?   I can find one marked for the trailer but not for the vehicle

55 minutes ago, xIIPHOENIXIIx said:

It’s inside the engine bays fuse box. I don’t have the truck with ne now to take a picture.

I found the large fuse box but only shows fuses for the trailer b stop and turn lights nothing for the main truck....   Could they be labeled something else ?

Edited by Whatever64

Mini Fuses (2 Pin) Usage
14 Trailer Stop/Turn Lamps, Left
15 Trailer Parking Lamps
16 Trailer Back-up Lamp

Trailer Stop/Turn Lamps, Right

1 hour ago, xIIPHOENIXIIx said:

It’s inside the engine bays fuse box. I don’t have the truck with ne now to take a picture.

I can't find the left side stop or turn signal fuse anywhere

Edited by Whatever64

• 9 months later...

on my 2017 GMC Sierra , i get the "Front turn signal failure" , I replaced what i thought it was as it wasn't lighting up in front only (left turn signal). I realized that the contacts on the back side of the bulb get pushed in and do not make contact after hitting a bump(sort of loose) so i turned it until contact was being made once again . Difficult spot without tearing the front panel off to remove headlamp assembly . I used a 9/16 ratchet wrench to basically turn it from above and behind headlamp. unfortunately i have to at some point remove that front panel  and remove the headlamp to really fix the issue . Good Luck out there !!