2015 Sierra high beam stuck on

I have a 2015 Sierra 2500HD that the passenger side high beam “sticks” on. The high beam light on the dash goes out and the drivers side goes back to low beam. But the passenger side will stay on high beam. It seems to only do it when it’s cold. When the headlight warms up, the problem usually goes away. I usually have to “flash” the lights a bunch of times to get it to go back to low beam. Thank you for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the GMC uses a "shutter" style hi/low beam headlinght shutter that moves up and down. It sounds like its stuck.

That is correct. I’m trying to find out if this is a known problem. It does stick on. Then when you run the truck for a while it will start working. If you flash the lights. I’m also not able to find a replacement for the shutter.

Follow several gm related truck forums.

Don't recall seeing other stuck/sticky headlight shutter threads.  IMHO, it's not a 'common' problem. 

Huh. Thank you for the info. I still haven’t been able to find a replacement shutter, does anyone know how I may find a replacement shutter motor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...