Footwell lighting

Hey guys I got this idea from a 15 Tahoe there small leds under the dash. There the same color as the door handle lights and the light in the overhead. Gm lists them for like 20 each.

My question is on the Tahoe they must be wired to the interior /dash dimmer switch. There not bright they give a soft glow on the floor at night. How would I or where can I tap into that function. Other then running wires to the overhead shine down light.

82cc47c7fc0cb88bab1575025267843f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok got it the gray wire will stay on? Not just when lock and unlock and what not thanks.

Meaning the gray wire works when the switch is turned on? Or when a door is opened. On the Tahoe These are on whenever the dash lights/park lights are on. And you can dim them with the dash as well. Is the gray wire the same wire I’m talking about just wanna be sure thanks.

Also anyone interested in doing this the mounting locations where these go on the Tahoe. Are on the Silverado no modifications at all other then tapping into the power source.

• Like 1

If you want this LED to be tied to the ambient lighting that stays on and is controlled by the dimmer switch, it will not be the gray wire.

The gray wire is the interior dome Lamp circuit.

The wire you want is a yellow wire that is the “Ambient LED Dimming Circuit”. It is in the one of the connectors toward the right side of the BCM. I’ll get a pic of the tomorrow.

• Like 4

If you want this LED to be tied to the ambient lighting that stays on and is controlled by the dimmer switch, it will not be the gray wire.

The wire you want is a yellow wire that is the “Ambient LED Dimming Circuit”. It is in the one of the connectors toward the right side of the BCM. I’ll get a pic of the tomorrow.

Awesome, following this as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you Phil once again you are the man I did see a few wires in the diagram but not exactly sure what wire as there were a few labeled dimming. Thanks again Phil. Also I ordered some of that wire from Remington.

Found it.

And actually - This circuit is also present in the Grey Connector (X7 BCM Connector - Far Left most Connector).

Same yellow wire, same circuit # 6817 (LED Backlight Dimming Control). The grey wire next to it is the outside mirror puddle lamp.

c611baacf51679d55ab7c4a3b5fa4c7d.jpg

• Like 3

Found it.

And actually - This circuit is also present in the Grey Connector (X7 BCM Connector - Far Left most Connector).

Same yellow wire, same circuit # 6817 (LED Backlight Dimming Control). The grey wire next to it is the outside mirror puddle lamp.

c611baacf51679d55ab7c4a3b5fa4c7d.jpg

Thank you thank you this is a pretty easy mod Thanks Phil.

I’m actually happy about this too.. I want to have my door handles light up all the time at night and plan to diode mod it to the same circuit.

• Like 1

I’m actually happy about this too.. I want to have my door handles light up all the time at night and plan to diode mod it to the same circuit.

Yea that’s def gonna look really nice I wonder if you could have just tapped into the light on the inner door handle? But it’s prob easier to do it now without pulling the panels apart.

• Like 1