remote starter

I just picked up my new to me 2016 Silverado 1500 lt . remote starter will not start truck if it sits all night . if I go out and start truck and shut it off .lock doors and remote start it will start right up .what's up with this. have not gone back to dealer yet . truck is certified .truck has 38,785 miles . still new but I doubt that would be covered under warranty. besides dealer seems not to want to talk to me keep getting different sales man when I call . was looking for owners Manuel to see if there's any thing in there about this issue . no service light are coming on . so there's no problem with the running with the truck .and what's up with the spiral oil dip stick .

Capitalization mi amigo. Try it lol

Your battery may be on its way out. Most electrical issues stem from that

The dipstick sucks on all chevys. I’ve never seen one I liked and that was easy to read. Probably my biggest complaint to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, r vaillancourt said:

I just picked up my new to me 2016 Silverado 1500 lt . remote starter will not start truck if it sits all night . if I go out and start truck and shut it off .lock doors and remote start it will start right up .what's up with this. have not gone back to dealer yet . truck is certified .truck has 38,785 miles . still new but I doubt that would be covered under warranty. besides dealer seems not to want to talk to me keep getting different sales man when I call . was looking for owners Manuel to see if there's any thing in there about this issue . no service light are coming on . so there's no problem with the running with the truck .and what's up with the spiral oil dip stick .

Does it attempt to start it or not at all? you have to push the lock button first even if you know the doors are locked. so if you lock them when you get out of the truck the night before you must push the lock button in the morning again before it will work

not at all. this morning 23 degrees. tried to start .my doors are always locked vandals in my area . locked doors hit start lights flash while counting to 4 by one thousands. nothing .I know if I try again and it doesn't start I will have to cycle the key manually start truck . so I go out start truck shut it off. step out of truck close door remote lock and remote start truck it will start up. it seems that if it is warm it will wok fine.   I read that Chevy used some sort of low oil consumption oil pump it will sense that it is low on oil and not start safety sort of thing. thank you for replying bob.    

I don't know where you live, but don't you get at least a 90 day warranty? Here in MA, used vehicles purchased from a dealer have a limited warranty required by law.

I would check to see if your state has something similar.

Dealer Warranty: Anyone who sells four or more vehicles in a one-year period is a dealer under the Used Vehicle Warranty Law. Dealer warranties cannot be waived under any circumstances. The dealer must give you a signed, dated, correct copy of the limited used vehicle warranty at the time you purchase the vehicle. The warranty requires the dealer to repair any defect that impairs the vehicle's use or safety.

Warranty Length: The coverage depends on the mileage of the vehicle at the time of purchase as outlined below:

Mileage Warranty Period
Less than 40,000 miles 90 days or 3,750 miles, whichever comes first
40,000 to 79,999 miles 60 days or 2,500 miles, whichever comes first
80,000 to 124,999 miles 30 days or 1,250 miles, whichever comes first
125,000 miles or over No express warranty

Archived