NSSANE02's 2017 Sierra Denali

NSSANE02

I got this truck at auction as a theft recovery. Bought it with the intention of rebuilding and flipping it, but as difficult as it is to get financing for salvage title vehicles it may be a hard sell. So I've decided to keep it. Haven't decided which way to go with it yet, will either be a street/strip turbo truck, or (more likely) a turbo prerunner. I build prerunners for a living (mostly raptors) and I'd really like to build this as a demo truck for when I open up my own shop. 

IMG_7682.jpg

So far I've gathered up the following:

Headlights

Taillights

Motor & trans (6.2 w/8L90 AWD trans from 2017 Escalade)

Interior- Seats, dash, & console from 2017 Escalade

Original 22" Denali Ultimate wheels & tires

Also purchased a 2014 Sierra donor truck (flood) for tailgate and front clip, but I decided to just sell it since I'll most likely be going with fiberglass front clip & bedsides.

That's a cool idea. Curious though how you are going to use it as a Prerunner with 22 inch wheels. I love those wheels but they wouldn't last 5 minutes out in a high speed desert run. I know you know those things, and maybe this one is going to be a street truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, AgDoctor said:

That's a cool idea. Curious though how you are going to use it as a Prerunner with 22 inch wheels. I love those wheels but they wouldn't last 5 minutes out in a high speed desert run. I know you know those things, and maybe this one is going to be a street truck.

I got the wheels when I was still planning to flip it. I'll probably end up selling them and putting some Method bead locks on. May even drive it on the steelies for a while while I'm gathering other parts. 

Also have since sold the 6.2 and I'm considering selling the trans & diff. Not sure on that one yet, common sense tells me to put a 4L80 in but it sure would be fun to run the 8-speed with some custom paddle shifters. 

4 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Wow. That one was too far gone. You will sink a ton of money into it and at the end of the day you will have a salvaged vehicle with no resale value. There was a reason the insurance company walked away from it.

Less than $25k if I were to put it back to complete stock. I have less than $16k in the truck and parts I listed. Only thing missing was the front clip, which I can get for well under $5k. Then I figure a couple thousand for other misc front end parts. But now that I'm keeping it it's an even better deal seeing how I don't need any of the front clip due to running fiberglass. Insurance companies factor in what they think they can get at auction and make their decision from that. Damn near all salvage sales are a hell of a deal if you're looking to keep the vehicle (and do the work yourself).

This is my previous truck, figured it was only right to show it one last time since I had to sell it to fund this project. 2008 Duramax with a tune and straight pipe, this thing was a blast to drive. Also put a ton of work into the stereo system, was the cleanest/clearest system I've ever heard... I miss it a lot. Will likely put another SQL system in this Denali.

IMG_7100.JPG

IMG_7097.JPG

IMG_7102.JPG

IMG_7103.JPG

IMG_7187.JPG

8 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Wow. That one was too far gone. You will sink a ton of money into it and at the end of the day you will have a salvaged vehicle with no resale value. There was a reason the insurance company walked away from it.

To put a bit more context to the current build plan, a turbo prerunner would eliminate the need of any front-end parts, any engine/trans parts, all suspension parts, and all missing interior parts (since I'll be doing a custom interior anyways). Given the current plan, there is no possible way to build this truck cheaper than using exactly what I have here. I'm not a fan of people using perfectly good trucks for builds like this. On a weekly basis I take perfectly good $40,000+ trucks and chop them to pieces to build something that could be made from $10k trucks... Fords or not, it's a shame.

On December 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM, GMdenali831 said:

damn who ever stole that truck did a number on it.

good luck on your build.

Yeah they did. Luckily they didn't damage any of the body or interior. Would have been nice if they hadn't cut some of the harnesses though... Thanks

22 hours ago, Aaron1085 said:

Let’s see some of your ‘shift work’ emoji1316.png

This is a SEMA truck we did a couple months ago, I did the suspension and most of the cage work. Might have some better pics of the cage somewhere, I put a ton of work into it just to be covered up by all that crap...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1712-2016-toyota-tacoma-trd-sport-eye-of-the-beholder/

Archived