Misfire? P050D? Aftermarket tires?

Hi guys, I need some help.

On Thanksgiving I had remote started my truck to go make the last minute run to the supermarket. As I left my house to jump in and take off, I found the truck’s engine had stopped. When I started the truck with my key, the check engine light was on. I took it over to my local dealer and after a week and a half, I was told my aggressive treads (Nitto Trail Grapplers) could be the cause. The work order stated the tech swapped out my wheels and tires for a set of factory wheels and tires and could not get it to misfire. The work order also stated that code P050D was found. I did read in several treads this has come up and injectors was normally replaced. My truck was purchased in Oct 2014 and had 25606 miles on it when I took it in. There are a ton of lifted, leveled, stock trucks out there with the same tires so was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It’s really hard to accept that my tires (which has been on since 2014) is the cause. 

P050d has absolutely NOTHING with tires. P050d will set without driving the truck. It is a cold start rough idle/misfire code. Almost always an injector(or 2 or 3). FYI injectors are not covered by Powertrain coverage. Although rare it could be coolant in a cylinder at start up. there is a bulletin for this.

Can't hurt to try but not likely to fix it. At that point it will need to be diagnosed ( by a different shop). To properly diag, it need to be cold started.

Archived