Brake pad already needs replacement

The right front wheel is squealing, the inner brake pad hardware low pad indicator is scratching the brake disc, it’s annoying. The outer brake pad still has plenty of life left. The brake booster has been recently replaced under warranty but why is one pad already gone down to the point it needs to be replaced instead of wearing down evenly. The driver side brake pads are fine with plenty of life left. Truck is 1 years old with 22k miles. Posible bad caliper piston or bad master cylinder? I’ll be taking it in to the dealerships soon, it’s still under warranty. 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT

Calipers 'float' on  pins and yours froze. A part often not greased that needs to be. Overlooked at times on the initial build and often not routinely checked during tire rotation. Sometimes it is and the operator driving in hub deep waters washes it out. We had a Toyota once that left the factory with no grease in the wheel bearings. Made it nearly 20K on the manufacturing oil film too. 

Thanks! I’m just curious what the dealership will do. I’m kinda worried they are going to just the replaced the pads and recerfuce the rotors and that’s it. The issue will come right back and by then it’s out of warranty. 

Archived