Odd but bad issue snow driving

First actual snow storm driving and i noticed my headlights get.. covered with ice and snow witgib 20 to 30 mins of driving on thw highway. Fog lights to

Problem is i was driving at night and it slowly seemed like my headlights just stopped working...wtf???

Got out anf cleared them and was good to go but had to do this a few times has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First actual snow storm driving and i noticed my headlights get.. covered with ice and snow witgib 20 to 30 mins of driving on thw highway. Fog lights to

Problem is i was driving at night and it slowly seemed like my headlights just stopped working...wtf???

Got out anf cleared them and was good to go but had to do this a few times has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution.

Should mentiob 2017 , 1500

This is why LED's aren't good in the north. They do not produce the heat to keep the snow melting off of your headlights.

HID's are much better for winters because they produce light on two different spectrums. I forget what the spectrums are named but one of the spectrums produces heat.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Led's aren't necessarily to blame.  When we lived in rural northern Canada in the early '80's we carried headlight cleaning rags and often pulled over to clear headlights.  The heat from the headlights wasn't enough to always prevent snow build up in stormy conditions.

So...is there a solution beyond manually scrapping headlights every 20 mins lol HID? I believe i have the led projector wirh plastic lenses can u switch to hid with that[emoji52] or wpuld it heat and cause issues

Given the right conditions of ambient temp and amount and dampness of the snowfall this can happen with the old, hot sealed beams as well.

Been there, done that. (yes, a long time ago....)

One of things to be prepared for when driving in winter conditions.

Colder temps and drier snow, not so much an issue.

Do you have the led lights? Or the hid lights?

On the Chevy’s, the LTZ trim have led’s, lower trims have hid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived