Wifi

Daly

Did anybody continue their WiFi after the free trial? If so what did you go with, and dother you need to keep OnStar? I didn't keep mine going and I've been thinking about getting it back, but I have no desire for OnStar. Also, I only used the WiFi for the odd Internet search, but for the most part I use it for Spotify. So I'm wondering if the 1gig is enough or if I should go one plan up. Also I know I'm going to be requesting it back, but was anyone that continued it able to get a deal, kind of like you can through XM or OnStar?

Wi-Fi and Onstar are separate. You don't have to have Onstar for the data coverage. They were offering a $20/mo unlimited plan dor the data. Not sure if that is still offered. I didn't use any of my data before it expired and haven't added it back. Truck is nearly 2 yrs old.

Considering 10gig is $70 Canadian. I don't see a $20 unlimited plan ever being offered. 1gig is $15 and 4 is $35, those are the ones I'm thinking about. 

Depends how much you drive if you’re mostly using Spotify. I use pandora and the 1 gb wasn’t ever enough. I normally hit that in a few days if i was driving local. I have the unlimited plan now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both onstar and WiFi are separate. If you have AT&T, they offer unlimited data for $20 a month. I signed up last month and it’s was a very simple process. They sync your truck up right at the store by the time you leave it is ready to go.

I signed up for the AT&T WiFi after my trial ended. I got the $20 unlimited plan. You don’t have to be an AT&T customer to get the $20 unlimited plan. My phone is with Verizon. I also signed up for SiriusXM. I did not sign up for any OnStar services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any Canadians getting this unlimited option, because I can't find it and I certainly don't think it's going to be $20, seems to low for Canadian market...

purchased the $20 unlimited from Onstar for the sole purpose of driving from Illinois to Alaska and listening to Pandora or xm. Worked flawlessly throughout Canada. Also surprised to find out that xm radio worked to almost the Alaska border before I lost signal over the horizon. 

Spoiler

I did the $20 plan as well, I still have the XM trial, when that runs out I wont renew... I ll use the $20 wifi and my phone with amazon music... I already pay for it for the phone/ house and now having unlimited data in the truck just makes sense
Amazon sounds way better than XM( higher quality audio)

• 1 month later...

Sorry, reviving a dead topic.

I'm coming up on 3 months of ownership. I rarely use the wifi for streaming/downloading, but I do like the connectivity from my phone to the truck for starting, location (spying on the shop to see if they are actually doing anything or just telling me the chevshake is normal); basically the myLink app. Do I need the wifi service (from At&T) for this? Do I need OnStar for this?

Also, can anyone tell me why OnStar is worth the money if I never lock the keys and my phone in my truck? 

What is nice is there's no contract or minimum term to keep it. You can subscribe / cancel as often as you want. so if your going on a trip or vacation, you can get the unlimited plan for $20 then call and have it removed when you get back (plus you get it for the remainder of the month).  I've done it 3 out of the last 6 months. Just call to add when you want and remove it for the months you don't want it.  It's worked out pretty nice when we take longer trips.  Which reminds me I need to call and cancel before it bills again.

Archived