Upgrading my 17' Silverado steering wheel

AaronA97

Hey there, i wanna know if im able to upgrade my steering wheel from my silverado 1500 to the leather, stitched, heated wheel that you find in the LTZ / Z71 trucks.

If there is a way lemme know step by step how to do it!

thanks 

I never understood the whole heated steering wheel thing. I completely understand heated seats but to pay extra for a heated steering wheel just doesn't make any sense to me. Steering wheels will heat up with the cab of the vehicle. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Seats heat up with the cab too. A heated wheel is pretty nice, at least up here in Alaska. My hands are always colder than my butt in a cold vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Seats heat up with the cab too. A heated wheel is pretty nice, at least up here in Alaska. My hands are always colder than my butt in a cold vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Oh... Lol... I understand having one in Alaska. I live in Maryland and it only gets below freezing a couple weeks out of the year.

Oh... Lol... I understand having one in Alaska. I live in Maryland and it only gets below freezing a couple weeks out of the year.

Another Maryland man! What area??? I’m in northern Baltimore county

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Maryland man! What area??? I’m in northern Baltimore county

4.5” CST suspension lift
I'm in Perry Hall. I have a stock '16 Silverado Crew. I have been debating on a leveling kit and some new shocks to soften up the rear.

Who did your lift?

I'm in Perry Hall. I have a stock '16 Silverado Crew. I have been debating on a leveling kit and some new shocks to soften up the rear.

Who did your lift?

I want to do a truck meet with other Maryland members. That would be so awesome. I had ATO Autosports do my lift located in parkville.

4.5” CST suspension lift

I want to do a truck meet with other Maryland members. That would be so awesome. I had ATO Autosports do my lift located in parkville.

4.5” CST suspension lift
Oh okay, cool. That's who I was going to use. I've heard good things about them.

13 hours ago, Obscenejesster said:

I never understood the whole heated steering wheel thing. I completely understand heated seats but to pay extra for a heated steering wheel just doesn't make any sense to me. Steering wheels will heat up with the cab of the vehicle. Maybe I'm missing something.

I thought it would be one of those foolish options when I purchased as well. I'm glad I got it and use it every time I drive in the winter. I'd most definitely get the option again. I feel like it's one of those things you just have to experience to appreciate.

Archived