Bolt on exhaust tip 2017-2018 Dmax

I put this on a week ago but wanted to post some pics. Basically a bolt on tip like the 1500 (double wall, rolled edge, stainless) so after looking I could only 1 without aftermarket name branded all over it and still retain the OEM cooling design because all the other tips that were vented are single wall. Magnaflow (part # 35233) 5” inlet 6” outlet. It did not come with a clamp so I used a double bolt one for an 18-wheeler from NAPA (part # 733-3225). 

I did have to cut 10” of the OEM pipe off and it sticks out about 1/4” more. 

Let me know what you think or if you need any other info. Cost was around 100 bucks. 

64B4C54A-34D7-44EA-81D7-6D7ECFAC5F1F.jpeg

C3492171-DBFA-484C-86D5-4ED863DFDA49.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks ok. They don’t make it for the L5P, chrome not stainless, and not dual walled. And the OEM 5” pipe and the added 6” tip is large enough without looking gaudy on a Denali. I don’t like dual on a diesel and I drive a lot and don’t want a loud exhaust (past those years and have other toys for that) and unsure if it will add any usable power.

Edited by EXSlider400

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Barak said:

this is what I was being told to place on my (see photo). Basically, you would slide on stock one...this is MBRP. anyone out there with this one on their DMax? Thoughts?

tip.PNG

I have an MBRP stainless tailpipe (everything behind DPF) and dual versions of these.  They're great.  Clean up easily with a little fine steel wool and Simple Green spray.