2011 W/T 4.8 flex fuel, auto, 4x4 short bed fuel pump

So my fuel pump stopped working the other day. I have been busy at work and helping a buddy, so I had it towed to a local shop.

They are having trouble locating the correct fuel pump through the local parts distributor. The owner said that they have brought out at least 5-7 pumps and they are all wrong, they don’t key into the tank facing the right direction. He has given them all the specifics, including the part number on the current pump.

Anyone else run into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Thunderlizard said:

So my fuel pump stopped working the other day. I have been busy at work and helping a buddy, so I had it towed to a local shop.

They are having trouble locating the correct fuel pump through the local parts distributor. The owner said that they have brought out at least 5-7 pumps and they are all wrong, they don’t key into the tank facing the right direction. He has given them all the specifics, including the part number on the current pump.

when carnau gets on here he should be able to help

1 hour ago, Thunderlizard said:

What cab do you have?  Regular, extended or crew? 

On 12/11/2017 at 9:24 AM, newdude said:

19301219 is the GM #.  Crosses to a Spectra SP6646M.

Sorry newdude. I think this part number may be wrong but I could be wrong as well.

If this is a 2011 Silverado WT 1500 4.8 then this is the part number you need. But if you give me the VIN number I will double check just to make absolutely sure since I just built a vehicle in the GM parts catalog as a 2011 silverado single cab 1500 with a 4.8

Capture.thumb.JPG.315f968f70027ddba31157dc1f542312.JPG

The part number above is for a LMG 5.3

Capture.thumb.JPG.7a00a8ca0801052fcabe42e532412226.JPG

10 hours ago, Thunderlizard said:

So they got the fuel pump in but he’s now say it runs then stops, he told me there’s a GM service update about the wiring? And if that doesn’t fix it I need a module?

Sounds to me like you're being taken for a ride and it wasn't fixed properly the first time or the part they put in was incorrect. Was the vehicle running and then shutting off on you before it just stopped on you or did it just stop? If it wasn't running and then stopping why would it do it now unless something they did was wrong (not that they did anything wrong but the pump could be bad out the box or something like that)

As far as the service update about the wiring... I would like to know the bulletin number so I could look at it because I have searched all the bulletins, Preliminary information they have on the GM manual for a 2011 WT and I can't seem to find it. 

Get me a little more information and I can help you further before we break out the parts cannon and start shooting which is what it sounds like is about to happen where you sent it.

10 hours ago, carnau said:

Sorry newdude. I think this part number may be wrong but I could be wrong as well.

If this is a 2011 Silverado WT 1500 4.8 then this is the part number you need. But if you give me the VIN number I will double check just to make absolutely sure since I just built a vehicle in the GM parts catalog as a 2011 silverado single cab 1500 with a 4.8

Capture.thumb.JPG.315f968f70027ddba31157dc1f542312.JPG

The part number above is for a LMG 5.3

Capture.thumb.JPG.7a00a8ca0801052fcabe42e532412226.JPG

Sounds to me like you're being taken for a ride and it wasn't fixed properly the first time or the part they put in was incorrect. Was the vehicle running and then shutting off on you before it just stopped on you or did it just stop? If it wasn't running and then stopping why would it do it now unless something they did was wrong (not that they did anything wrong but the pump could be bad out the box or something like that)

As far as the service update about the wiring... I would like to know the bulletin number so I could look at it because I have searched all the bulletins, Preliminary information they have on the GM manual for a 2011 WT and I can't seem to find it. 

Get me a little more information and I can help you further before we break out the parts cannon and start shooting which is what it sounds like is about to happen where you sent it.

L20 is the 4.8.  LMG is a 5.3.  Same pump 19301219.   LFT is a 5.3 as well but a different pump.  Same pump 19301219. 

7 hours ago, newdude said:

L20 is the 4.8.  LMG is a 5.3.  Same pump 19301219.   LFT is a 5.3 as well but a different pump.  Same pump 19301219. 

See I thought that as well but when I looked it up in the catalog it was giving me all kinds of crap and when I looked RPO LFT up on google it said 4.8 or 5.3. I just need the VIN number lol.

7 hours ago, Thunderlizard said:

Well i got lucky, it’s fixed, and only cost me 425 bucks. My buddy is a co owner of the shop, so he took care of the labor.

well what was it?

Archived