Speaker replacement

I think the guy who owned the vehicle before me either blew put the passenger side tweeter or there may be a bad connection in it. I am thinking it's just the connection because it sounds more like interference and it's not constant.

Anyhow, I was thinking about replacing both speakers up on top of the dash anyway.

Does anyone know if you have to remove the entire dash to get to them or if you can get to them just by removing the cover. They just seem so tight, I don't know how I'll get a screwdriver in between the speaker and the windshield.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried to take the ones out of my silverado at all since they work good enough for me and upgrading isn't worth the time. When I had my GMC Envoy, the dash was the same for the tweeters in the front of the dashboard except they were not at an angle like the silverado. I just used a small stubby wrench with a socket on it to remove the screws and then pull the speaker up and out. It is a tight fit but you can get it out.

I was lucky enough to have one of the thru-sockets that you can use for long bolts and it is a little more shallow than a traditional socket and wrench so it was a tight fit but it still worked and I was able to get the tweeters up and out.

Archived