Front shock extentions ??? 2017 Sierra SLT 2500

Hi Guys, I need a little help on deciding the best front shock extensions for my truck.

I'm planning to level the front end by turning the bars up around 8 turns and want to add the shock ext.   Now I see they have shock ext for the top of the shocks, and they also have shock ext for the bottom of the shock.

Which one, top or bottom should I go with?   I appreciate all feedback,

Thanks,

John

I used the ones on top.  The studs are plenty long in stock form and you just put a pipe spacer between the frame and the shock.  Put new nuts on and you are done. Zone sells their kit for like 20 bucks... working fine on my truck.  I cranked the stock keys basically as far as they can go.

Edited by SierraHD17

1 hour ago, SierraHD17 said:

I used the ones on top.  The studs are plenty long in stock form and you just put a pipe spacer between the frame and the shock.  Put new nuts on and you are done. Zone sells their kit for like 20 bucks... working fine on my truck.  I cranked the stock keys basically as far as they can go.

SierraHD17,

Thanks for the reply,  Did your ride change much after doing this modification?   Also do you remember how many turns on the key bolts?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Targa1us said:

SierraHD17,

Thanks for the reply,  Did your ride change much after doing this modification?   Also do you remember how many turns on the key bolts?

Thanks

No I don't remember.  Drivers side is basically buried and passenger a is a little less to stay even... fuel tank would be that reason why.  Truck rode rough when I bought it new and still rides about the same after the crank lol.  It's a 3/4 ton so I don't have much in the way of expectations.  I drive mostly lease roads and it's fine.

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

No I don't remember.  Drivers side is basically buried and passenger a is a little less to stay even... fuel tank would be that reason why.  Truck rode rough when I bought it new and still rides about the same after the crank lol.  It's a 3/4 ton so I don't have much in the way of expectations.  I drive mostly lease roads and it's fine.

Everything he said in the last two post is what I was going to type.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EXSlider400 said:

I’m interested in doing the same thing so let me know how it works out please

I have to wait until the spring to lift it. Northeast is in the cold and snowy season right now.

Third snowfall this season already....it's going to be a long winter up north!!!

1 hour ago, Big Whiskey said:

I went with the Zone Offroad extensions too. Very pleased. My stock keys are cranked 7 turns. 

Thanks for the reply Big Whiskey.  I went with these, found the Zone Offroad on Ebay     Free Shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado-GMC-2500-3500-Zone-2-Front-Shock-Extensions-C5202/191783780416?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

9 hours ago, Targa1us said:

Yep, those are the ones I'm running too. :thumbs:

• Like 1

It's funny as a couple days ago buddy swings by in his 2014 2500hd and we do new shocks all around.  He put in 5100 bilsteins and the fronts came with new hardware... he needed shock extensions and so we made some.  We took the original gm shock nuts and zip cut the rounded cone they have at the top off and drilled them out with a half inch drill bit... voila.. free shock extensions lol.  

• Like 1