Help with new suspension issues

Hey guys (and gals), it's been a while since I've checked in.  My 2001 2500 got new front suspension pieces, and now I'm having issues getting it to stay aligned, and the suspension seems to be awfully stiff.  I replaced all the pieces myself, so I easily suspect I did something wrong.

First off, let's start with the alignment (at least the toe).  I replaced the pitman arm, idler arm, and both tie rod ends with new ball joints.  The power steering gearbox was also replaced at the same time.  Ever since then, I can't get the alignment to line up and stay.  I can get it close (by eye at least), and then as soon as I drive around the block, it's completely off when I get back in the driveway.  Has anyone ever run across this issue before? I can keep the steering wheel straight and get the toe to almost dead straight, but once I drive it the steering wheel isn't straight anymore.   I want to see if I can at least get it close to straight before I take it to an alignment shop.  I've also noticed that when I turn the wheel to the left, the left side of the truck dips down.  Turning to the right causes the right side to dip down.  I'm talking at least an inch or 2 as soon as you turn the wheel.  Shouldn't it be able to turn sitting in the driveway without affecting the ride height?

Second, the suspension seems to be really stiff.  The items replaced were complete upper control arms (new bushings and ball joints installed) and lower ball joints.  I have brand new shocks installed, but it feels like the front has no shocks at all when going over rolling bumps.  It bounced so much that it broke one of the front sway bar end links, most likely the other one as well.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.  If pictures would help, let me know what specific areas you would like a picture of.  Thanks!

Archived