Quick Question on Headlight Bulbs!

Hey guys,

I have a 2015 Sierra which was built in April 2015 (mexico).  I popped off one of the dust caps to see what bulb I have in there, it says Phillips on the backside of the bulb fixture.

Now, I know there a service bulletin out for certain trucks to modify the BCM plus replace the bulb with what appears to be the Vosla +30 bulb.  I don't believe my truck was part of this TSB. Anyway, thing is, this bulb seems really hard to find in the USA.  It seems like a really good bulb tho, better than silver star ultras.

Anyone have any info on this light?  I really want something which is currently better than what came stock, especially since I've just moved to an area where street lights aren't really a thing.  These seem like a legit halogen bulb.

Link to their site... http://www.vosla-german-lighting.com/en/automobile-lighting/headlight-bulbs/headlight-bulbs.html?action=detail&product_id=374&type=HIR2&name=30%+more+Light

I had these on mine and they were better than stock bulbs, i would say about 30% more light.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-9012CVB2-CrystalVision-Upgrade-Headlight/dp/B01I3OTXHA/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1513343408&vehicle=2014-48-548-296-128-53-6-8-18671--8-1-2676-132-2-0&sr=1-1&ymm=2014%3Agmc%3Asierra+1500&keywords=phillips+crystal+vision+ultra

Also try adjusting your headlights in case they are not correctly placing light where they should. 

My truck got the TSB and the Vosla bulb, it was slightly better than what it left factory with, but nothing to get excited about. I ended up putting the same bulbs that Ozer posted and they are a lot better than the Vosla bulbs and have lasted longer.

• 4 weeks later...

The TSB and Voslo bulbs included an increase in wattage or voltage to the headlights, no? Would that extra power not cause any standard replacement bulb to burn out more quickly?

I had the update done a couple years ago and one of the Voslos is out and I need to replace it. The upgrade was slightly better than the original bulbs but did not bring my lighting capacity up to what my 2000 Silverado had. Due to the cold weather I'm inclined to replace the Voslos now and replace both with the Morimoto upgrade kit in the spring but, if the Crystal Vision bulbs are better than the Voslos (and last longer) then maybe I'll give them a try.

Lot of negative reviews on Amazon though. Only 48% give them 5 stars and 34% give them 3 stars or fewer.

Archived