Interested in 22" Wheel Trade

Does anyone know of someone that may be interested in trading the wheels in the attached picture (the GMC Ultra Bright Aluminum w/ Midnight Silver Premium Paint) for mine (7-spoke Silver with Chrome inserts)? I like these more but it looks like they are only initially available on the Yukons and not the Sierras? I'm interested in a trade, however I'm also curious what everyone's thoughts are on selling mine and buying the others to maybe make a couple hundred bucks? They're listed as options on the Yukons for $2,495 and $2,995, respectively.

My other thought on selling them is I may have the chrome inserts painted either a charcoal grey or a satin black, if I do that then I'd certainly want to get at least a little bit for these wheels. I'm in no major hurry, but I'm about 99% sure I'd like to change over to these others and I figure the best time to do so is while the wheels I have available are still completely flawless.

I'm located in Houston but could certainly drive to somewhere in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma to do the swap if desired.

GMC Gunmetal Wheel.png

GMC Wheels.png

Truck 2 (3).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bump, any takers?? I'm also looking into having all my chrome color-matched or blacked out by a shop specializing in painting over plastics/chrome plating (http://www.anything-painted.com/).

If someone is interested in swapping I can also have the chrome wheel inserts painted any color they want when I have the other work done.

• 2 months later...

BUMP - Still looking to swap these! Would even be willing to include tires [33 x 12.50 R22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's w/ less than 10k (80% Hwy) miles on them]

Let me know!

Something to think about , as I did. ALL of these rims are made in China. Yes, even the GM stock rims. I was told this and didn't believe it till I bought my new Denali. I had 20" rims intending to buy aftermarket replica 22" rims. Well......when I took off my brand new rims off my brand new Denali to sell on craigslist......yep, it was stamped GM and made in China!!! Apparently 95% of all cast aluminum are made in China. Years ago stock rims were worth more and made better. Today, not so much. So the retail price that GM charges doesn't matter to anyone when Ebay sells a replica rim made in the same factory for 1/3 of the price. 

Bottom line:  I sold my rims and tires for 900 dollars with 800 miles on them. Tried for 2 months to get 1200. EVERYONE would point me to the ebay prices. So in essence I gave free tires to sell my rims!

I then went on ebay and bought 22" rims exactly as I wanted for 1100 dollars. Yep, made in China! and the stamp on the back was identical to the GM rim excluding the GM stamp. Bought Michelins which I wanted as a better tire for 1200 mounted and balanced. So 2300 minus my 900 sale = 1400 to upgrade to exactly what I wanted. 

Your also hoping someone with a new style rim 2017-2018 would want their truck to look like a 2015-2016 with an older rim. 

I wish ya luck, but you would be better off selling and buying what you want easier. Unless your giving them away, you won't believe how hard it is to sell these rims when the new replicas are on ebay so cheap. The old argument of stock is better doesn't hold up with anyone any more with the China stamp on both of them. 

Good luck

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-Fits-GMC-Denali-Machined-Gray-Wheels-Rims-2018-Yukon-Sierra-Silverado-Tahoe/162800167700?epid=3009632310&hash=item25e7a56b14:g:uecAAOSwvfZaL-qW&vxp=mtr

Archived