2016 Silverado and Pandora app connection issues?

Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Silverado with the My- link infotainment setup. I had a full year of 4g LTE in the truck, and the Pandora  app in the truck seemed to work ok, its still had problems like "connected device not found"...But now without the 4gLTE and just using my Verzion network it never works. I have to Open the app on my phone now and try three or four times on my trucks my link system to get it to connect. Is it a phone WIFI issue or the truck?

Guys who only have cell service and not the trucks WIFI is this normal?

I have full Verizon 4gLTE service on my phone when trying to connect. I hit the Pandora app on my link to launch the app, it says Pandora issue "connected device not found" .Then if i go back to the audio / radio, launch the app on my phone, and then re-launch the Pandora app on mylink it "sometimes" connects. But that takes two-three time to do...super annoying!

I also have the Pandora plus app, and the app works perfectly in my 2018 Camaro...?

I use to be able to just hit the app on my-Link and it would auto connect and stream with no issues, i did not even have to take the phone out of my pocket...

I have the same truck and it worked flawlessly on my old phone (Motorola Droid Turbo) but I just upgraded to a Samsung S8 and more often then none when I push the Pandora button on my head unit it will acquire but not play music.  Sometimes if it works and I switch stations it won't start playing that 2nd station I pick.  

What phone do you have?  

Some are saying on other forums that since the S8 is on a newer bluetooth version this is what's potentially causing issues.  No idea if Chevy has an update for this.  Like I said though, mine works on occasion but not all the time.  

• Like 1

Interesting..

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Wonder if we can do something to our phones to make the blue tooth connect better?

(or)

Wonder if Chevy has any updates for this, because in my 2018 Camaro SS I have NO issues at all...Pandora launches perfect and takes like one second to connect.

Edited by jamoka3

• 8 months later...

The Pandora app on my 2015 Silverado has been working flawlessly since I bought it new. So 2 1/2 - 3 years now. As soon as I started the truck it would link up "with my Samsung 8+" and start to play the last Pandora station that was playing.   As of "last week"  the truck links with my phone great but, REFUSES to play Pandora. No matter how I connect it. Wired or Bluetooth. I try to start Pandora first nothing.... It has to be something on Pandora's end!?

On 8/21/2018 at 6:23 AM, Silverado Harley man said:

Same here 2015 Silverado, and s9+ and I can connect via media. But pandora app on truck will not connect anymore as of a week and half ago. 

So I was playing with settings in Pandora app. And in advanced settings. There is a box that says let vehicle start pandora. I unchecked it then rechecked it and it works again. 

• 3 months later...

So I was playing with settings in Pandora app. And in advanced settings. There is a box that says let vehicle start pandora. I unchecked it then rechecked it and it works again. 

I just did this setting and it started working immediately...THANKS!

For some reason it was turned off.

Cheers!