Seperate Brake/Turnlight signal

Hello, I'm from germany and since one month owner from 2016 GMC Sierra.

My problem is the taillight with brake/turn signal on 1 wire.

In Germany we have seperate turnsignal and brakelight in the taillight. 

Somebody any idea where to split the wire or must I new program on BCM?

Before I not solve this problem I can not on the road.

Hello, I'm from germany and since one month owner from 2016 GMC Sierra.
My problem is the taillight with brake/turn signal on 1 wire.
In Germany we have seperate turnsignal and brakelight in the taillight. 
Somebody any idea where to split the wire or must I new program on BCM?
Before I not solve this problem I can not on the road.

Hello, so your truck now has tail and stop on one wire? Or is a 2 light system using 2 wires? Also, what are you trying to accomplish if I may ask?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hello Mark

American standard taillight is not road legal in Germany with 3 functions turn signal, taillight and stop signal in red (blinking stoplights)
We need a separate orange turn signal on the backside, brake and taillight in red is ok.
How can I solve this in the wiring harnes.
Brake/ turnsignal coming on 1 wire.
I need two wires, one for brake and one for turn signal.

Interesting issue.  It sounds like some additional wiring and lighting is required.  Separate signal and brake wires should be close by as they are used in the trailer connections.  A quick search also revealed there is a splitter available for such a purpose.  I would do some phoning around to your local auto service facilities for a solution to your problem.  I suspect it is a relatively easy fix for someone familiar with automotive wiring.

Maybe those guys can help you out.

https://uscars24.de/Deutsch/TueV/Service.html

As far as I remember, a modification to meet the German standards is not necessary when the mod is exceeding 5% of the purchase price of the new vehicle.

The "Zulassungsstelle" can give e you an exception.

Some Bundeslaender handle the matter in a different way.

That might be an alternative. Register the truck in another Bundesland.

so long

j-ten-ner

Hello Mark
American standard taillight is not road legal in Germany with 3 functions turn signal, taillight and stop signal in red (blinking stoplights)
We need a separate orange turn signal on the backside, brake and taillight in red is ok.
How can I solve this in the wiring harnes.
Brake/ turnsignal coming on 1 wire.
I need two wires, one for brake and one for turn signal.
Hmm.. Good question.. I know that u can tap into just a stop light right in the back by the spare. However, with them being LED's, I would think another light source. (Taillight bar with stop being red and turn being orange. Otherwise, maybe BCM would be the next route) How did they let come over to Germany? Do they sell a version of the sierra in Germany?
There's a pic of were u can pic up just a stop light signal if this helps. Its the one on the right unhooked. Then on the harness, its the empty hole next to red wire. That is the hot lead for just stop only. a179028a1afd48f8a761b8cbde78d028.jpg6c56693e5619925bad5e3c892aa50594.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 12/16/2017 at 9:02 AM, Donstar said:

Interesting issue.  It sounds like some additional wiring and lighting is required.  Separate signal and brake wires should be close by as they are used in the trailer connections.  A quick search also revealed there is a splitter available for such a purpose.  I would do some phoning around to your local auto service facilities for a solution to your problem.  I suspect it is a relatively easy fix for someone familiar with automotive wiring.

Turn signal and brakes are on the same wire on trailers. On a four wire trailer hookup, the wires are left, right, park, and ground. Plugs with more wires just add brakes and power.

3 hours ago, aero10 said:

Turn signal and brakes are on the same wire on trailers. On a four wire trailer hookup, the wires are left, right, park, and ground. Plugs with more wires just add brakes and power.

Thank you for the correction.  (left, right, lights, and ground ?)

Just tie into the front turn signals. Run a relay to an amber LED. I’d drill the light into the clear (reverse) part of the taillight housing.

pretty straight forward. Any competent mechanic should be able to do this for you

Bought the car in Canada and imported it to Germany.
I already tried with trailer relay. No success ... after 3x flashing the turn signal begin to running faster and in the display comes text (pls. check you left or right turn signal)
Also, it tried a resistance as a light bulb, in this version I picked up with cable from front turn signal to the rear and replaced the rear turnlight bulb with resistor. Also 3x flashing than running turn signal.

image.jpeg

Did you try this one:

http://customtronix.com/webshop/1xblinker-splitter-version-4-splash-proof-usa-to-eu/

Customtronix is a company who also has navigation unit conversions, so they probably know how to do it. And their box has additional wiring liking "center brake light", so it probably solves your problem.

I am running my Silverado in Switzerland, but here we are allowed to have the US-turn-signal. So I can't tell you if this one works.

Archived