3rd cat delete and exhaust sound

zach1990

Going Tuesday to have my exhaust installed. Gonna do one of the louder magnaflow mufflers (18" one I believe) SI/SO and dump it with a nice tip where the resonator is. My question is will having the 3rd cat removed improve the sound or is it not worth the money? It's a 2014 Silverado with the 5.3.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've had a few exhaust on my 16. Back to stock. I'd leave it. If you want more noise, go with the 14 inch Maggie instead of the 18 in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I'll look at's the 14s. Didn't know they made one like that.

Thanks for the input. I'll look at's the 14s. Didn't know they made one like that.

Look in the exhaust section there are a bunch of threads about different combos of magnaflow sizes with and without the flapper and resonator. If you have v4 turned off, ditch the flapper. You might want to try it first with the resonator left on. You can always cut it off it isn't loud enough

Yeah I've always had loud trucks. My first one was a 2000 Sierra with true dual straights after the cats and then an 04 with no cats, xpipe, 3 inch duals into dumped 40s. I'm ready for a bit more quite but enjoyable sound seeing as we are trying for a child and all.

Yeah I've always had loud trucks. My first one was a 2000 Sierra with true dual straights after the cats and then an 04 with no cats, xpipe, 3 inch duals into dumped 40s. I'm ready for a bit more quite but enjoyable sound seeing as we are trying for a child and all.

Good luck. Post a video of which ever one you go with.

The smaller the louder. I have a 14” mf dumped before the axle and it is loud, v4 chopper effect has me looking for a stocker to put back on. It does sound sweet as hell tho, just too much for my ears. 

Sorry forgot to update this. I went yesterday and had the 3rd cat and everything after it removed and did a 14" magnaflow dumped over the rear axle. Don't have a video atm and I also have tuned out v4 mode. The sound is fantastic. No drone at all driving or idling and a nice deep rumble under acceleration.

Archived